The global surgical suture market size is expected to reach at USD 5.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period. The increasing cases of complicated surgeries and awareness regarding patient safety during surgeries are expected to drive the market in the next few years.
Aging baby boomers and introduction of various sutures by the market players are other high impact rendering market drivers. For instance, in November 2015, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved RESORBA suture range developed by Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc.
Furthermore, advantages associated with multivalent sutures over staples and adhesives in complicated surgeries are likely to propel the market growth during the forecast period. Staples cause more pain and are less precise in complicated wound closure, hence sutures are preferred over staples. This factor is anticipated to bode well for the growth of the market for surgical sutures over the forecast period.
Increasing number of surgical procedures due to the presence of a large geriatric population, government support in various countries, and favorable reimbursement scenario are likely to further drive the market in the forthcoming years.
The type segment comprises absorbable and non-absorbable sutures. Absorbable suture provides temporary support to wound till it heals, can withstand normal stress, and there is no need to remove it post-surgery as it gets absorbed in the body after a certain period. This factor is anticipated to drive the demand for this type in near future.
Access Full Research Report On Surgical Suture Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Absorbable suture accounted for the largest market share in 2017 and is expected to maintain its share in the coming years
- Multivalent filament accounted for the maximum market share in 2017 due to its high strength, pliability, and more flexibility than monovalent filament
- Cardiovascular surgery segment accounted for the largest share of the market by application in 2017, attributed to adoption of minimally invasive surgeries and rising number of cardiovascular surgeries performed around the world due to high incidence of cardiovascular diseases and development
- North America accounted for the largest share of the surgical sutures market in 2017 and is expected to maintain its dominance in the coming years due to the presence of major market players
- Some of the major market players are Ethicon Inc.; Medtronic; Integra LifeSciences; Péters Surgical; Internacional Farmacéutica; Sutures India Pvt. Ltd.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; and Smith & Nephew.
Browse More Reports Of This Category By Grand View Research At:
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical sutures market on the basis of type, filament, application, and region:
Surgical Sutures Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Surgical Sutures Filament Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Surgical Sutures Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Surgical Sutures End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Clinics
Surgical Sutures Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States