According to a report,“Bioactive Wound Care Market Analysis By Product (Moist Wound Care, Antimicrobial Wound Care, Active Wound Care) And Segment Forecasts To 2024”, published by Grand View Research, Inc., the global bioactive wound care market is expected to reach USD 11.9 billion by 2024. The prevalence of chronic skin conditions, such as pressure ulcers, diabetic foot, and other skin-related infections is on the rise. Bioactive wound care products offer available line of treatment, which act efficiently in curing the aforementioned conditions.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- The moist wound care products segment held a lucrative share of more than 50.0% in 2015. The ability of these products to create a supportive moist environment, which expedites the healing process, is a notable feature of these products. Moist wound care products include foams, films, alginates, hydrocolloids, and hydrogels.
- The antimicrobials segment, comprising products impregnated with silver and non-silver ingredients, is anticipated to witness profitable growth over the forecast period. These products are cost efficient with lower chances of developing resistance to antimicrobial products.
- The segment of active wound care products, likewise, is anticipated to exhibit a significant growth rate in the coming 8 years. Recently, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a couple of biomaterials, Dermagraft, and Alpigraph, for management of skin-related injuries. The ability of these products to mimic biological properties is a key advantage that enables a faster healing process.
- North America contributed with a share of more than 30.0% of the global bioactive wound care market. Presence of major players, streamlined regulations, and favorable reimbursement policies are some of the key contributing factors responsible for the growth of this region.
- Asia Pacific with its huge potential is anticipated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period. The presence of a huge untapped population, stirring economic developments in this region, and consistent efforts undertaken to improve the healthcare infrastructure are the key growth drivers.
- The key players in this industry include Smiths & Nephew, Mölnlycke Health Care, ConvaTec, Inc., Paul Hartmann AG, Organogenesis, Inc., Systagenix Wound Management Ltd., 3M Healthcare Ltd., Medtronic, Covalon Technologies Ltd., BSN Medical, and Medline Industries, Inc.
- The strategic endeavors undertaken by the leading players in the industry include new product launches, collaborations with government bodies, and R&D investments.
- In July 2015, Smith & Nephew acquired DeOst LLC and DeLLC, part of the DeOST group, which is a manufacturer of medical devices in Russia. This acquisition is expected to help companies expand their global footprints.
North America Bioactive Wound Care Market Share, By Product, 2013 – 2024 (USD Million)
Browse More Reports in Medical Devices Industry:
- Amniotic Membrane Market: Rise in trauma, burn cases and resulting surgeries along with increasing awareness regarding the benefits of these products are boosting the market growth.
- Burn Care Market: Rising demand for minimally invasive and cosmetic procedures to restore appearance of patients suffering from burns is a key contributing factor for the growth.
Hence, with the increasing target population, the bioactive wound care market is estimated to witness lucrative growth. Rise in awareness among the patients regarding personal hygiene is augmenting the demand for these products. The raised awareness levels cause patients to seek physicians’ advice at an early stage thus enabling timely interventions.
Rising per capita healthcare expenditure in the recent years and the increasing disposable income is enabling the population to spend a substantial amount on healthcare facilities, thereby contributing towards the growth of the market. The development of advanced products, such as combination wound dressings containing multiple ingredients that offer several benefits to patients, is anticipated to boost the demand for these products.
Global Bioactive Wound Care Market, By Product (USD Million), 2013 – 2024
Moist Wound Care
Antimicrobial Wound Care
Active Wound Care
- Skin substituents
Bioactive Wound Care Market, By Region (USD Million), 2013 – 2024
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco