According to a report ,“Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By End Use (Hospitals, Nursing Homes), By Region (North America, MEA, APAC, Europe), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026” published by Grand View Research, Inc.,The global durable medical equipment (DME) market size is expected to reach USD 271.0 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.1%. The market is primarily driven by rise in chronic diseases, such as kidney failures and cancer. Moreover, technological advancements along with strong reimbursement scenario will boost the DME market further. For instance, in January 2019, WHILL, Inc., a U.S.-based personal electric vehicle, introduced new technology WHILL autonomous drive at the Consumer Electronic Sow held at the Las Vegas. In the past, Medicare has taken steps to bring reimbursement of DME products in line with other payers.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Personal mobility devices emerged as the largest segment owing to the launch of technologically advanced products with more comfort and portability
- Nursing homes is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment over the study period as these facilities offer custodial care like skilled care, such as bathing and dressing
- Europe led the market with the largest share in 2018 and will witness a steady growth in future on account of the presence of major companies in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2026 owing to the presence of a large target population base and improving healthcare facilities
- Some of the key companies in the global DME market are Invacare Corporation; ArjoHuntleigh; Stryker Corporation; Hill Rom, Inc.; Drive Medical; GF Health Products, Inc.; Sunrise Medical; Medline Industries, Inc.; and Carex Health Brands, Inc.
Browse More Reports in Medical Devices Industry:
- Embolic Protection Devices Market : Rising incidences of cardiovascular and neurovascular diseases and growing adoption of minimally invasive diseases are propelling the market growth.
- Orthopedic Devices Market: Major factors driving the market include high demand for orthopedic surgeries owing to rising incidents of road accidents and prevalence of orthopedic diseases.
In this direction, in December 2015, the Center for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS) issued a new rule of prior authorization process for DME, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS). The DMEPOS includes the master list of 135 items, which require prior authorization before beneficiary receives an item. In addition, growing geriatric population across the globe is likely to contribute to the industry expansion. People aged 60 years or above are more prone to health issues, such as diabetes, mobility issues, Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs), and other lifestyle problems. This creates demand for DME products. However, stringent regulatory guidelines in developed economies and lack of skilled professionals may limit the durable medical equipment market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Durable Medical Equipment (DME) market on the basis of product, end use, and region:
DME Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
Personal Mobility Devices
- Walker and Rollators
- Cranes and Crutches
- Door Openers
- Other Devices
Bathroom Safety Devices and Medical Furniture
- Commodes and Toilets
- Mattress and Bedding Devices
Monitoring and Therapeutic Devices
- Blood Sugar Monitors
- Continuous Passive Motion (CPM)
- Infusion Pumps
- Oxygen Equipment
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Suction Pumps
- Traction Equipment
- Others Equipment
DME End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Nursing Homes
- Home Healthcare
DME Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- South Korea
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com/
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco