According to a report,“Proteomics Market Analysis By Product (Instruments, Reagents, Services), By Technology (Microarray, X-Ray Crystallography, Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Protein Fractionation Systems, Electrophoresis, Surface Plasma Resonance Systems), By Application (Drug Discovery, Clinical Diagnosis), And Segment Forecasts To 2024”, published by Grand View Research, Inc., The global proteomics market is expected to reach over USD 24.8 billion by 2024. The introduction of technology-enabled proteomics products is one of the high-impact rendering drivers for the proteomics market growth. These products find extensive applications in drug discovery, diagnostic services, and many other research areas. The increasing market penetration of these technologies, such as ESI-LC-MS (electrospray ionization liquid chromatography mass spectrometry), is expected to serve as a driver of this market.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- The reagents segment dominated the product segment in 2015 and is expected to witness a lucrative growth with a CAGR of over 8.5%. Extensive usage of reagents for R&D activities and the introduction of novel biomarker-specific kits, such as Pro2PSA biomarker for prostate cancer and CA27.29biomarkers for breast cancer, are the factors responsible for its large market share.
- The instruments segment is anticipated to show a significant growth over the forecast period. The major factor responsible for the growth is the rising demand for user-friendly, cost-effective, rapid, and accurate devices
- In 2014, the protein microarray segment occupied over45% of the market share of the proteomics market, owing to the high usage rates of this technology. Microarray technology has the ability to track the protein interactions and performs chromatography and 2-Delectrophoresis in a comparatively lesser time.
- The spectroscopy segment is one of the fastest growing segments of proteomics market. The introduction of novel technologies such as Orbitrap Mass spectroscopy and the increasing demand for rapid and accurate devices for complete analysis of proteins are the factors responsible for its fastest growth.
- North America held the largest share of over 40% in 2015. The presence of favorable government initiatives and the growing adoption of personalized medicines are the key factors that can be attributed to the major revenue share in the market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing with a share of over 12% in 2015.The growing prevalence of chronic diseases in the developing countries is a key factor responsible for the fastest growth in Asia Pacific.
U.S. Proteomics Market By Product, USD Million, 2013 – 2024
Browse More Reports in Biotechnology:
- Transcriptomics Technologies Market: The increasing demand for genetic identification and growing investment in R&D innovation along with the technological advancements across the product portfolio are the vital driving forces of this transcriptomics technologies market.
- Mycoplasma Testing Market: With growing R&D investments in the field of life sciences, the demand for mycoplasma testing products are anticipated to rise in the near future.
Proteomics has become a powerful tool for treating various diseases such as diabetes, fatty liver, obesity, and deadly cancers. It is difficult to cure these diseases as body responses vary from person to person; to overcome this problem, researcher from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and ETH Zurich in Switzerland developed method to define metabolic differences between individuals. This is expected to drive the demand for proteomics over the forecast period.
The presence of organizations such as the Human Proteome Organization promotes the development of new techniques, technologies, and training pertaining to the field of proteomics. This is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the proteomics market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
Proteomics Market Product Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2013 & 2024)
Proteomics Market Technology Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2013 & 2024)
- Microarray Instruments
- X-Ray Crystallography
- Protein Fractionation Systems
- Surface Plasma Resonance Systems
Proteomics Market Application Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2013 & 2024)
- Drug Discovery
- Clinical Diagnosis
Proteomics Market Regional Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 & 2024)
- South Africa
Explore proteomics market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco