According to a report, “Collagen Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source (Bovine, Porcine), By Product (Gelatin, Native, Hydrolyzed), By Application (Food & Beverages, Healthcare), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025” published by Grand View Research, Inc., The global collagen market size is projected to reach USD 6.63 billion by 2025, registering a 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. The market is expected to be driven by the product’s growing application scope in the food and beverage as well as healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- In terms of volume, the collagen market for healthcare is anticipated to reach 622.2 kilotons by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2018 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, the food & beverages segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. This is backed by improving lifestyle conditions and growing affluence of middle-class population, especially in Asian countries, necessitating their application in dietary supplements and functional food products
- Europe held the largest revenue share in the market in 2018 and is expected to register considerable growth over the forecast period. Increasing consumption of confectionery products in Europe is likely to drive demand for gelatin, thereby boosting the regional market
- In terms of volume, the China market is anticipated to reach 103.7 kilotons by 2025 owing to high demand from industries such as food and beverages and healthcare. In addition, rising disposable income in the region and growing population is projected to favor the regional market
- The collagen market is highly competitive in nature and houses prominent market participants with extensive product portfolios. Prominent market participants include Koninklijke DSM N.V.; Matrix; CONNOILS LLC; Advanced BioMatrix, Inc.; and Rousselot BV.
Browse More Reports in Food Additives & Nutricosmetics Industry:
- Organic Skin Care Market: Rising demand for organic body lotions, sunscreens, and face creams is expected to impact positively the organic skin care market over the forecast period.
- Specialty Ingredients Market: Growing consumer awareness has been driving the need for high quality and greener products which in turn is expected to drive the global Specialty Ingredients Market over the forecast period.
In addition, the market is expected to benefit from increasing adoption of collagen-based products due to superior characteristics such as gelling, emulsification, and binding of food products in which it is used. Demand for gelatin is expected to register steady growth due to growing use of the product in the production of jellies, chewing gums, and desserts.
Demand for hydrolyzed collagen is expected to rise due to growing adoption in bone grafting, tissue engineering, and dental surgeries. In addition, the growing demand for high-quality native collagen in cosmetic formulations as anti-aging and skin rejuvenating ingredients is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Healthcare is estimated to emerge as a major application segment in the collagen market. Demand for premium grade collagen for surgical procedures, wound dressing, and drug delivery mechanisms is also expected to drive the market over the forecast period. The market is also expected to be fueled by the growth of the food and beverages industry, primarily in Asia Pacific. Increasing demand for confectionery products, coupled with rising expenditure on food products by consumers in the region, is expected to drive the global market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global collagen market on the basis of source, product, application, and region:
Collagen Source Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Collagen Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Hydrolyzed collagen
- Native collagen
Collagen Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Food & Beverages
Collagen Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grad View Research, Inc.
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco