According to a report,“Specialty Carbon Black Market Analysis By Grade (Conductive (Conductive Polymers, Paints & Coatings, Battery Electrodes, Printing Inks), Fiber (Polyester Fiber, PP Masterbatches, Nylon Textiles), Food (Packaging, Film & Sheet, Consumer Molded Parts)) And Segment Forecasts To 2024”, published by Grand View Research, Inc., The global specialty carbon black market is expected to reach USD 3.82 billion by 2024. Increasing demand of plastics for non-rubber applications in key end-use industries such as packaging, automotive, construction, electrical & electronics, and pressure pipes is expected to remain a key driving factor for specialty carbon black market growth.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- The global specialty carbon black market demand was900 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to exceed 1,500 kilo tons by 2024, growing at an estimated CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 to 2024
- Automotive industry is expected to have tremendous growth owing to manufacturing of light weight and fuel efficient passenger cars
- China accounted for nearly half of the Asia Pacific specialty carbon black volume in 2015. The country is characterized by high demand for conductive polymer in paints & coating and printing ink industries
- Continental Carbon and Al-Jubail Petrochemical Co. announced the start-up of a carbon black plant in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The facility has an annual production capacity of 50 kilo tons and it will primarily serve the tire industry of the region.
- Specialty carbon black market is highly fragmented among multinational players and small domestic companies
- Key industry participants in the market include OMSK Carbon Group, Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy Co., Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd., Atlas Organic Pvt. Ltd., Continental Carbon Co., Birla Carbon, Cabot Corp., China Synthetic Rubber Corp., Himadri Companies & Industries Ltd., Phillips Carbon Black Ltd., Orion Engineered Carbon
U.S. specialty carbon black market revenue by grade, 2014 – 2024 (USD Million)
Browse More Reports in Plastics, Polymers & Resins:
- Automotive Glazing Market: Rising demand for advanced passenger protection in automobile owing to rising road fatalities is expected to propel growth for glazing systems.
- Purging Compound Market: The growing plastic processing machinery industry in Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a major driving force triggering Purging Compound Market growth.
Increasing consumption of lithium-ion batteries owing to superior properties which include good electrical conductivity, good stability at the higher voltage, less solvent, and improves adhesion is also anticipated to fuel industry growth significantly.
The manufacturing process emits a large amount of toxic GHG which creates concern to human health and the environment. These factors have compelled manufacturers in North America and Europe to shut down their operations and shift production facilities to Asia Pacific.
Conductive grade accounted for over 30% of overall volume in 2015. Increasing demand in battery electrodes and paint & coating industries owing to better conductive properties polymers and rubbers is expected to drive demand. It is widely used as a reinforcing agent in products like tires, chassis bumpers, conveyor wheels, blow-molded containers, gaskets, hoses, automotives, and wiper blades.
Grand View Research has segmented the specialty carbon black market on the basis of grade and region:
Global Specialty Carbon Black Grade Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Conductive Polymers
- Paints & Coatings
- Battery Electrodes
- Printing Inks
- Polyester Fiber
- PP Masterbatches
- Nylon Textiles
- Film & Sheet
- Consumer Molded Parts
Global Specialty Carbon Black Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States