According to a report “Healthcare IT Market Analysis By Application (Electronic Health Records, Computerized Provider Order Entry Systems, Electronic Prescribing Systems, PACS, Lab Information Systems, Clinical Information Systems, Telemedicine and Telehealth) And Segment Forecasts To 2020”, published by Grand View Research, Inc. The global healthcare IT market is anticipated to reach USD 104.5 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for enhanced healthcare facilities and introduction of technologically advanced systems are expected to boost industry growth.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- According to a report published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2011, the number of patients needing home healthcare was nearly 4.7 million in the U.S. and is on a constant rise, which is further expected to fuel the healthcare IT market demand.
- Advent of technologically advanced software, such as interoperable system and cloud computing, is expected to attract more investors focus on developing integrated healthcare system to curb problems associated with conventional procedures of record keeping. For example, the uses of e-healthcare record system to maintain patient database help to provide instant information about patients’ health in case of emergency.
- Telecommunication and telehealth accounted for over 40.0% of the market share owing to the high usage rates in 2013. Introduction of technological advancements such as Teleimmersive Environment for Everybody (TEEVE) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) are the factors promoting this segment’s growth.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) is expected to register an upward shift to reach up to USD 26.72 billion in 2020. Growth is primarily driven by the rising demand for integrated information system in the field of healthcare IT. Faster accessibility and low maintenance cost are the two most significant factors contributing towards the rising demand of these EHR systems.
- In 2013, North America market was valued at around USD 20.0 billion owing to the factors such as favorable government initiatives pertaining to the introduction of technologically advanced healthcare IT facilities, sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, and increasing patient awareness levels coupled with relatively higher healthcare expenditures in the region.
- On the other hand, Asia Pacific healthcare IT market is expected to reach at over USD 19.6 billion by registering lucrative growth rate in 2020. Growth is attributed to the rising healthcare expenditure, larger untapped opportunities, and growing disposable income level.
- Prominent players operating in this industry include Athenahealth Inc., GE Healthcare, Agfa Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, E-MDS Inc., Carestream Health McKesson Corporation, Carestream Health eClinicalworks, and Hewlett-Packard.
U.S. Healthcare IT market, by application, 2012 – 2020 (USD Billion)
Browse More Reports in Healthcare IT Industry:
Healthcare Payer Services Market – Some factors, such as the growing implementation of digital technologies in payer operations, increasing demand for consumerism, and the upsurge in the number of mergers and acquisitions are anticipated to boost the healthcare payer services market in the coming years.
Healthcare Cyber Security Market – Key factors attributing to the rapid growth of the healthcare cyber security market include increasing the threat of cyber attacks, regulatory and security compliance related issues, and data leaks from within the organization triggered by external or internal factors.
Increasing geriatric population prone to chronic diseases resulting into high patient base is triggering the demand for sophisticated healthcare facilities. Furthermore, increasing number of patients requiring home healthcare acts as an effective growth driver for this market.
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthcare IT market on the basis of application and region:
Healthcare IT Application Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Electronic Health Records
- Computerized Provider Order Entry Systems
- Electronic Prescribing Systems
- Lab Information Systems
- Clinical Information Systems
- Telemedicine and Telehealth
Healthcare IT Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Hexa Research
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1-408-342-1548, Toll Free:+1-800-489-3075
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States