According to a report,“India Pearlescent Pigment Market Analysis By Product (Natural Pearl Essence, Titanium Dioxide Mica, Iron/Ferric Oxide Mica, Combination Mica), By Application (Paints & Coatings (Decorative Coating, Automotive Coating, Powder Coating, Coil Coating), Plastics (Packaging, Injection Molded Plastics), Printing Inks & Cosmetics) And Segment Forecasts To 2024”, published by Grand View Research, Inc., the India pearlescent pigment market is expected to reach USD 110.3 million by 2024. Pearlescent or ‘pearl’ pigments are majorly processed into paints & coatings, plastics & printing inks with an aim to provide brilliant color effects & high luster onto various substrates. Such special effect pigments are increasingly being incorporated into various consumer goods to lend strong aesthetic appeal at a relatively low cost.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Indian pearlescent pigment market demand was 10.6 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to reach 16.6 kilo tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2016 to 2024
- Paints & coatings were the foremost application for pearl pigments in India, owing to the high demand for non-toxic, non-reactive pigments with brilliant metallic & translucent finishing effects in the automotive, construction & industrial sectors
- Decorative coatings held the largest share with over 50% of the market volume in 2015. The segment is expected to witness rapid growth over the forecast period owing to the high demand for colorful & decorative paints during the seasonal festivities
- Additionally, transitioning consumer lifestyles and rising passenger car sales are also likely to prompt growth in automotive paints. The segment is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 4.7% from 2016 to 2024
- Plastics was another major application, with the highest consumption in rigid & flexible packaging. Rising demand for individualized, smaller packages with futuristic color effects to enhance visual merchandising is driving product usage in this application
- Key companies identified in the industry include Sudarshan Chemicals, Merck Performance Materials, BASF S.A., Dev Tech India Pvt. Ltd., Vaslpar (India) Coatings Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Kolortek Industries, Fujian Kuncai Material Technology Co. Ltd., and Colourex among others
India pearlescent pigment market revenue by product, 2014 – 2024 (USD Million)
Browse More Reports in Paints, Coatings & Printing Inks Industry:
- Curing Adhesives Market: The industry is anticipated to grow significantly over the forecast period owing to rising applications in automotive and construction industry to cater consumer demand for diverse product features.
- Plating on Plastics (POP) Market: Rising applications in automotive and electronics industry has been a major factor driving the market growth. POP involves plating a metal such as chrome, nickel and others onto a polymer substrate. It is done in order to deliver functional and decorative benefits to the resin.
Regulatory intervention is driving the utilization of materials that minimize the stress & detrimental impact on non-renewable resources such as minerals & metal ores. The Central Pollution Control Board of India has stipulated regulations related to volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from pigments & related specialty chemicals, which has encouraged market growth as well.
The heterogeneity of customer needs has expanded tremendously, offering multinationals numerous opportunities, especially in emerging economies such as India, which are brimming with consumer disposable income.
Iron/ferric oxide mica was the dominant product segment, accounting for over 35% of the market volume in 2015. The product has a high refractive index, metallic luster, excellent hiding properties & weather resistance that makes it ideal for outdoor paints & coatings applications.
India Pearlescent Pigment Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Natural Pearl Essence
- Titanium Dioxide
- Iron/Ferric Oxide
- Combination Mica
India Pearlescent Pigment Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Paints & Coatings
- Powder Coating
- Coil Coating
- Packaging (Rigid & Flexible)
- Injection Molded Plastics
- Printing Inks
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States