The global pay TV market is expected to reach USD 254.77 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Pay TV refers to subscription-based television services offered to subscribers. The development of new platforms based on satellite and cable distribution technologies, coupled with wider options of content as compared to traditional free-to-air terrestrial broadcasters, has driven the pay TV market growth.
The move to digital from analog delivery methods has been a key trend among traditional television platforms since digitization offers less constraint on the number of channels made available to viewers. The last few years have witnessed a gradual transition in the viewing preferences towards a medium where content is available on demand and in a device-agnostic manner.
The pay TV market is projected to grow significantly in Asia Pacific and some parts of Latin America, such as Brazil. On the other hand, the market has already reached maturity in most parts of the U.S. and the UK. This may be attributed to the preference of viewers in these countries to opt for services, such as Netflix, YouTube Originals, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, which allow them to watch programs on demand and at the desired time.
Prominent IPTV operators have started employing new delivery architectures for addressing the threat posed by OTT providers. Set top boxes, media players and gaming consoles have been increasingly used for the efficient delivery of native broadcast channels, making them accessible to viewers over closed IP networks.
To Request Samle Copy of Pay TV Market Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pay-television-tv-market/request/rs1
Key Takeaways from the report:
- In terms of number of subscribers, the IPTV subscription segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8% over the forecast period
- Satellite TV is expected to continue being the preferred pay TV medium for a large portion of viewers globally.
- In 2016, the Asia Pacific region accounted for the largest revenue share of the global pay TV industry with a large number of subscribers situated in India and China.
- OTT is emerging as a favored medium of consuming content, particularly in the U.S, the UK, and Germany
- Key players in the industry include British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB), Charter Communications, Comcast Corporation, DirecTV (AT&T), and Foxtel.
Have A Query, Ask Our Expert @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/2420/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the pay TV market based on the number of subscribers into technology and region.
Pay TV Technology Outlook (No. of subscribers, Million; Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 – 2025)
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
Pay TV Regional Outlook (No. of subscribers, Million; Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 – 2025)
- Middle East & Africa
Browse More Reports in Communication Services Industry:
- Online Food Delivery Services Market – https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/online-food-delivery-services-market
- Procurement As A Service Market – https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/procurement-as-a-service-market
About Grand View Research, Inc.
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States