The global Urology Lasers Market size is anticipated to reach USD 1.4 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period. The increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, rise in the number of patients suffering from urinary calculi, and technological advancements in urology lasers is anticipated to boost the market growth.
The demand for lasers in urology is rising due to the increasing preference for minimally invasive surgeries as these procedures reduce morbidity, dysfunction, and have the ability to ablate prostate tissue with minimal hemorrhage or bleeding. They also offer advantages such as quicker recovery from surgery, lower risk of bleeding, and enable a shorter bladder catheterization time, sometimes even eliminating the need for bladder catheterization completely. These procedures are also characterized by more stable outcomes and lower number of reoperations. Lasers are used for the treatment of various urological disorders such as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) and urolithiasis. According to the American Urological Association, around 8.8% of the U.S. population are affected by urinary stones. Thus, increasing prevalence of urological disorders such as urolithiasis, nephrolithiasis, and BPH are also contributing toward market growth.
With equipment advancement, better understanding of urologists’ needs on the part of producers, and growing experience of operators, these treatments are a favorable alternative to traditional surgical procedures. Technological advancements in urology lasers have expanded the portfolio for the types used in various surgeries, including urologic operations. For instance, holmium (Ho:YAG) lithotripters were traditionally used with two parameters, pulse frequency and pulse energy, to define the duration of lithotripsy. With technological advancements, high-powered high-frequency long-pulse Ho:YAG lithotripters are now available. These enable ultra-high pulse frequencies (up to 80 Hz), further speeding up the dusting lithotripsy procedure.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Urology Lasers Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/urology-laser-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) segment dominated the market in 2018 owing to the increasing prevalence of BPH in men and rise in demand for minimally invasive surgeries
- The thulium system segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period as it is a safe and highly effective system in terms of tissue resection speed and preventing blood loss
- North America dominated the overall market with the highest revenue share in 2018 owing to the increasing prevalence of urological disorders such as urolithiasis and BPH coupled with growing awareness of this treatment in the region
- Key players in the urology lasers market are introducing innovative and technologically enhanced products to gain competitive advantage in the industry. For instance, in 2017, Lumenis launched Moses Holmium Technology to reduce retropulsion during lithotripsy procedure. It is designed to minimize ureteric as well as bladder stone migration. It reduces stone retropulsion and, in turn, stone migration, leading to a more efficient treatment and greater physician control over the procedure.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6993/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global urology lasers market on the basis of laser type, application, and region.
Urology Laser Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Holmium laser system
- Diode laser system
- Thulium laser system
Urology Lasers Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer (NMIBC)
Urology Lasers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Browse Related Reports @
Nephrology and Urology Devices Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nephrology-urology-devices-market
Urology Surgical Instruments Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/urology-surgical-instruments-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States