According to the Journal of American Family Physician, around 10 million Americans suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), with another 10-20 million of the population experiencing mild symptoms.
Since 1984, Feel Bright Light has been a leader in the development and innovation of light therapy devices designed to assist those impacted by SAD to prevent and fight symptoms.
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a subcategory of depression closely tied to the changes in the seasons, generally starting in the autumn and continuing through winter. Although less common, SAD can also present itself in spring or summer.
Commonly referred to as the “Winter Blues”, SAD is a clinical disorder that has serious and lasting implications for those affected.
Symptoms of SAD
The symptoms of SAD present and impact everyone differently, ranging from mild to severe as the seasons progress.
Common Symptoms Include:
- Weight Gain
- A change in appetite
- Craving sweet, starchy, salty or other comfort foods
- Reduced energy and motivation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Brain fog
- Heavy feeling in arms or legs
- General irritability
- Increased emotional sensitivity
- Feeling of hopelessness
- Avoidance of social situations
- And more…
Treatments That Have Been Used for SAD
Treatments for SAD include the following which may be used singularly or in combination at the direction of a healthcare professional.
- Light Therapy (Feel Bright Light)
- Vitamin D
Feel Bright Light Therapy for SAD
Since the early 1980s, light therapy has been an often-preferred treatment modality for SAD. Although the specific underlying causes of SAD are not always known, research has linked the condition to disturbances in the body’s natural biological clock, circadian rhythms and even melatonin production. As such, “full-spectrum” light has been proven to provide an antidepressant effect.
In 2004, the American Academy of Psychiatry concluded that bright light therapy can be an effective treatment for the “Winter Blues” as well as other types of depression. As pioneers in the space, Feel Bright Light specializes in bright light phototherapy, being among the first companies to develop and make available safe and effective home care devices.
The Benefits of Feel Bright Light Therapy
Feel Bright Light’s innovative products are changing the way patients view light therapy, making treatment convenient, affordable and easily accessible from the comfort of their own homes.
Common Benefits Experienced Include:
- Better more fulfilling and restful sleep
- Waking up refreshed and energized
- Enhanced mood
- Increased energy and motivation
Features of Feel Bright Light
- The world’s smallest light therapy device
- Highly portable and discreet
- Durable with a generous warranty
- Convenient and easy to use
- Utilizes GreenSafe Technology, providing safe, fast and effective treatment
- Built-In rechargeable battery
- 30-day risk-free guarantee and return policy
- Patented above the eye treatment provides optimal results
- Proudly made in the USA
- Backed by science and clinically proven to improve symptoms from the “winter blues” and seasonal depression
About Feel Bright Light
Founded in 1984, Feel Bright Light is physician-owned by renowned Dr. Rob Rose, MD, an authority in the field of medical light therapy treatments. The company offers a range of affordable, safe, effective, convenient and reliable bright light therapy products for those suffering from the Winter Blues or SAD.
Those interested in learning more about how to improve their quality of life with bright light therapy or who are interested in exploring their product lines are encouraged to call 1-800-622-6240 or visit their official website below.
Company Name: Feel Bright Light
Contact Person: Tomas Gallo
Email: Send Email
Country: United States