Western Europe data center market size by investment is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 2% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- In 2019, Western Europe witnessed an investment in over 100 colocation projects, with the UK, the Netherlands, and Germany observing investment in 20 projects, respectively.
- About $40 billion of cumulative data center investments are expected in Western Europe by colocation, cloud, and enterprise data center operators during 2019–2025.
- Increase in M&A activities and joint ventures to bring in new investments in the Western European data center market.
- Over $5 billion will be invested in the Ireland data center market during 2019–2025.
- Echelon Data Centers, NDC Data Centers, Vantage Data Centers, QTS, and CloudHQ are new entrants in the hyperscale data center market.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 21 IT infrastructure providers, 23 construction contractors, 23 infrastructure providers, and 20 data center investors
Get your sample today!
Data Center Market in Western Europe – Segmentation
- The demand for servers will continue to grow moderately as enterprises are likely to move to cloud or colocation platforms during the forecast period. There will be an increased demand for servers that support AI and ML application workloads. The market will also witness the adoption of AI servers as the market for high computing systems is increasing.
- The use of basic PDUs is comparatively low in Germany, France, and the UK. The deployment of basic rack PDUs is common among on-premise data center developments in the region, where colocation service providers are shifting toward the use of intelligent rack PDUs. Most colocation facilities are built to support the rack power density of over 10 kW.
- The data center market in Western Europe is expected to witness greenfield construction largely. High investments from hyperscale providers will become a major driver for revenue generation for general contractors and sub-contractors in the market. The UK market witnessed over 20 data center projects that were opened or under construction in 2019.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches and Switchgears
- Rack PDU
- Other Electrical Infrastructures
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Dry Coolers, & Condensers
- Other Cooling Units
- Others Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Infrastructure
- Building Development
- Installation and Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
- DCIM & BMS
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Market in Western Europe – Dynamics
The growing number of connected devices in Western European countries will significantly increase the quantity of data processed by data centers. The average household in Western European countries is using more than two connected devices. Most developed countries in the region are investing in connected technology. According to the Cisco VNI Index 2016–2021, the mobile traffic per month in Western Europe is likely to grow at around 25% during the same period. The fixed broadband speed in Western Europe is around 50 Mbps, which is expected to reach around 75 Mbps by 2022. The data generation is also aided by the growth in wearable connected devices and connected homes and car products. The impact of these solutions will be higher among data centers developed in Western Europe.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Growing Colocation & Hyperscale Investments
- Increasing Procurement of AI-Based Servers
- Increasing Procurement of Green Energy
- 5G To Increase Edge Data Center Deployment
Data Center Market in Western Europe – Geography
The adoption of cloud services is one of the major drivers for the UK data center market. Several government departments are migrating to the cloud environment. Over the past eight years, the government has saved over $100 million in data center consolidation. With the UK likely to move out of the European Union, service providers are expected to face stringent rules and regulations regarding the storage and processing of data outside the country. The migration of organizations from legacy systems to the cloud platform, increasing number of interconnected devices, and the need for big data analytics will drive the growth of the data center market in the country. The increasing quantity of data, storage, and analytics has also increased the demand for data centers that are capable of processing exabytes of data generated by business users and consumers alike.
Get your sample today!
Market Segmentation by Geography
Prominent Data Center Critical (IT) Infrastructure Providers
- Dell Technologies
- Extreme Network
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Hitachi Vantara
- Inspur Group
- Pure Storage
- Quanta Cloud Technology (Quanta Computer)
- Super Micro Computer
- Wistron (Wiwynn)
Prominent Data Center Investors
- Aruba S.P.A
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Bulk Infrastructure
- Colt Data Centre Services (CCS)
- Digital Realty
- Global Switch
- NDC Data Centers
- NTT Communications
- Scaleway Data Center
- STT GDC
Prominent Construction Services Providers
- Arup Group
- Cap Ingelec
- DPR Construction
- Etix Everywhere
- Flex Enclosure
- Jones Engineering Group
- Kirby Group Engineering
- LUPP Group
- Mace Group
- Mercury Engineering
- M+W Group
- Red Engineering
- SISK Group
- Structure Tone
Prominent Infrastructure Providers
- Airedale Air Conditioning
- Alfa Laval
- Bosch Security Systems (Robert Bosch)
- Delta Group
- Euro-Diesel (KINOLT)
- Hitech Power Protection
- KOHLER (SDMO)
- Nlyte Software
- Piller Power Systems
- Riello UPS
- MTU On Site Energy (Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG)
- Schneider Electric
- Trane (Ingersoll Rand)
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States