Speaking about the album, Tasleem Jamila, said: “This album is all about activating us for a higher vibration and life for the times. Promoting love, empowerment, and call to action to live in your higher self.”
The 7 tracks in the album are:
1. We Resilient (empowerment and remember that Black people and all oppressed people in the world are resilient, powerful and connected to the Divine)
2. Essence: standing firm in her purpose as a lyrical healer.
3. Beautiful Black Man: a celebration of the brilliance of Black men.
4. Our Love: raising the energy of love between sacred partners.
5. Legacy: Giving thanks for my tribe and journey.
6. Just So Brave: Lioness courage to carry what the ancestors passed to her as a voice for the times.
7. Activated: Fully embrace the past lessons to acknowledge her solid spiritual foundation of where she is today.
Aside from music, Tasleem Jamila is a multifaceted and multi-talented lady. Her craft cuts across multiple spheres of art.
The Chicago-born artist is an interdisciplinary artist, performer, poet, curator, program director, host, journalist, fashion designer, actor, playwright, and educator whose work focuses on social action and community love and revitalization.
If music is food for the soul, then Tasleem Jamila can best be described as the chef Par excellence. She always writes and performs works that speak to the human condition, writing remedies to ails and issues.
Her sound is a fusion of hip hop, spirituals, mystical chants, and lyrical soul. “I have taken on the alias ‘The Lyrical Healer’ after so many people have come up to me after witnessing my performance saying my words are very enlightening and powerful,” she said of her music.
Company Name: My Soul Speaks Publishing
Contact Person: Tasleem Jamila aka The Lyrical Healer
Email: Send Email
Country: United States