The global forensic imaging market size is estimated to reach USD 125.2 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 10.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The key factors such as increasing inclination towards a needless autopsy approach, improving accessibility towards imaging technologies, and rising global crime rates are driving the growth of the market.
Various religious, cultural, and psychological beliefs against the approach of traditional cut-open autopsy in several countries have propelled the growth of the market. For instance, the religious beliefs of Islamic, Jews, and Buddhism do not support the concept of the conventional autopsy on the corpse.
Request a sample Copy of the Global Forensic Imaging Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/forensic-imaging-market/request/rs1
The growing acceptance of virtual autopsy images in court proceedings owing to its palatability and the ease of interpretation by lay viewers is driving the market. In addition, valuable information on crime scenes such as age, gender, date, and time of the incident, and injuries can be more accurately delineated using forensic imaging. This, in turn, has boosted the adoption rate of the technology.
The high cost of the imaging modalities and the reluctance of the pathologists in accepting these advanced technologies are the factors expected to impede the growth of the market. The pathologist refrains to use advanced imaging tools in their practice in a fear of losing their jobs and skills identity.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The X-ray segment held the largest market share in the market based on the modality in 2019
- The increasing demand for conversion of the film X-ray machine to digital in autopsy centers is anticipated to drive the growth of the segment in the coming years
- The CT segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. The increasing awareness about the valuable information provided by CT images in medico-legal cases has boosted its installation rate
- Based on the application, the death investigations segment held the largest market share in 2019
- The forensic institute segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019. The growing number of referrals of medico-legal cases for autopsy at these centers has contributed to its largest market share
- In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast
- The increasing usage of imaging tools as an alternative and triage in postmortem examination especially in countries such as China, Japan, and Australia are expected to drive the market in the region.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/450807/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global forensic imaging market on the basis of modality, application, end-use, and region:
Forensic Imaging Modality Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Forensic Imaging Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Death Investigations
- Clinical Studies
Forensic Imaging End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Forensic Institutes
Forensic Imaging Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Forensic Imaging Market
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Neusoft Corporation
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Toshiba Medical Systems, Inc.
Find more research reports on Medical Imaging Industry, by Grand View Research:
Medical Imaging Workstations Market – The global Medical Imaging Workstations Market size was estimated at USD 4.1 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% by 2026.
Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market – The global medical digital imaging systems market size was valued at USD 14.55 billion in 2017. It is likely to expand at a 7.7% CAGR during the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States