The APAC data center colocation market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Over 40 million square feet of data center space will be added by colocation service providers in APAC during 2019-2025.
- The APAC colocation market witnessed investments in over 110 data center projects in 2019.
- Colocation services revenue in APAC is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8%, where countries such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand each to grow at over 10% during 2019-2025.
- Wholesale colocation market will grow at a CAGR of around 13% during 2019-2025 in APAC region.
- Hyperscale colocation investments will skyrocket across India, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Australia, and South Korea during 2019-2025.
- About 48% of colocation service revenue in APAC is contributed by 13 services providers.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, service type, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 13 data ceter colocation services providers, 27 other service providers, and 7 new entrants
Get your sample today!
APAC Data Center Colocation Market – Segmentation
- Several data center facilities in APAC with power capacities of more than 10 MW are expected to adopt over 500 kVA capacity UPS systems. However, the service providers are also investing in DRUPS systems with capacities of around 1,500 kVA to power their facilities.
- In China and Hong Kong, most data centers adopt a combination of air and water-based cooling techniques for cooling purposes. A few facilities are built to support free cooling techniques. The adoption of CRAC units and chillers will continue to grow in China and Hong Kong.
- China is witnessing growth in greenfield data centers construction. In Hong Kong, on the other hand, there will be more brownfield developments due to the shortage of land during the forecast period. In terms of physical security, most facilities use four-layered physical security with on-site security personnel.
APAC Data Center Colocation Market by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
APAC Data Center Colocation Market by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH Units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers & Dry Coolers
- Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
- Other Units
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Technique
APAC Data Center Colocation Market by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
APAC Data Center Colocation Market by Service Type
APAC Data Center Colocation Market – Dynamics
The increasing data center power consumption and the need to decrease carbon footprint have led many data center service providers to purchase clean, renewable energy sources to power their current and new facilities across the APAC region. In addition, many smaller data center operators are installing solar panels on the rooftops of their facilities. The use of renewable energy is likely to increase the focus on the design of data centers, redefine the installation and commissioning process, and increase physical security requirements in case of on-site power generation. Data centers consume around 2% of global electricity. The data center investment in the APAC region is growing significantly, and the importance of procuring renewable energy is very high. Also, the power consumed by facilities in the APAC region is growing due to the use of HPC infrastructure and the deployment of hyperscale facilities.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- M&As & JVs Increase Colocation Investment in APAC
- Increasing Demand for Edge Data Centers
- Increasing Hyperscale Deployments by Colocation Providers
- Increase in Retail & Wholesale Demand for Colocation Services
APAC Data Center Colocation Market – Geography
In the APAC region, China & Hong Kong are the prominent markets for data center operations. In China, data center investment is led by internet, cloud, and telecommunication service providers such as China Unicom, China Telecom, Tencent, and China Mobile. Further, major investments are led by colocation service providers such as GDS Service Ltd, Shanghai Athub, ChinData, 21Vianet, Qnet, Tenglong Holding, Neo Telemedia, China Unicom, Princeton Digital Group, and Chayora. Most of the data centers have a power capacity of above 10 MW and are Tier III certified. In Hong Kong, investments by colocation providers are led by Equinix, CITIC Telecom, Global Switch, and China Unicom.
Get your sample today!
APAC Data Center Colocation Market by Geography
- China & Hong Kong
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Southeast Asia
- Other Southeast Asian Countries
Prominent Colocation Service Vendors
- 21Vianet ( Century Internet Data Center)
- China Telecom
- Digital Realty
- GDS Services Ltd.
- Global Switch
- Keppel DC
- NTT Communications
- Shanghai Athub
- ST Telemedia Global Data Center (STT GDC)
- SUNeVison (IADVANTAGE)
- Telehouse (KDDI)
Other Prominent Colocation Service Providers
- AirTrunk Operating
- AT Tokyo
- Bridge Data Centers
- Canberra Data Centers
- China Mobile
- China Unicom
- Chunghwa Telecom (CHT)
- Colt Data Center Services (COLT DCS)
- China Mobile International Limited (CMI)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- Iron Mountain
- Internet Thailand Public Company Limited (INET)
- Katalyst Data Management
- Korean Telecom Corporation (KT Corp.)
- Neo Telemedia
- PCCW Solutions
- Philippine Long-Distance Telephone (PLDT)
- PI DATACENTERS
- Reliance Communications (Global Cloud Exchange)
- Sify Technology
- Tenglong Holdings Group (Tamron)
- PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia
- VADS Berhad
- Kepstar Data Center Management
- Yotta Infrastructure
- Regal Orion
- Princeton Digital Group (PDG)
- BDx (Big Data Exchange)
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States