The global GaN semiconductor devices market size is expected to reach USD 5.85 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 19.8% from 2020 to 2027, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing applications of gallium nitride (GaN) in a wide range of semiconductor devices. Additionally, rapid technological advancements in GaN-based semiconductors are also anticipated to promote market growth. The demand for wireless communication devices, primarily in defense communication, is expected to drive the demand. Gallium nitride technology is being widely implemented in the development of amplifiers used in wireless communication, such as Class E, Class F, and Class C power amplifiers.
Aerospace and defense technology companies such as L3Harris Technologies, Inc.; Northrop Grumman Corporation; and BAE Systems are collaborating with government agencies for incorporating gallium nitride semiconductors in the military and radar applications. For instance, in February 2012, Northrop Grumman Corporation opened its Advanced Technology Laboratory for developing gallium nitride semiconductors for critical military programs. The company, along with the U.S. government, has invested over USD 300 million for developing and integrating GaN semiconductors in military systems for enhancing the capabilities of space, aircraft, and ground defense communication systems. These factors are expected to drive the demand for GaN semiconductors across wireless applications.
Get PDF sample copy with TOC of Global GaN Semiconductor Devices MarketResearch Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gan-gallium-nitride-semiconductor-devices-market/request/rs1
In recent years, the demand for gallium nitride semiconductor devices has increased in electric vehicle supply equipment such as onboard charging stations and EV charging kiosks. The lower switching frequency range of GaN devices makes them suitable for use in GaN-based DC-to-DC converters that are used in onboard charging stations, which bodes well for the market growth. Furthermore, the ongoing research and development activities worldwide aimed at the increased adoption of GaN devices in electric vehicles are anticipated to positively impact market growth. For instance, in October 2019, Nagoya University launched an electric car that entirely uses gallium nitride semiconductor devices and named it All GaN Vehicle. This vehicle is 20% more efficient than the current electric vehicles developed using SiC-based devices. On the contrary, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has largely impacted the sales and deployment of gallium nitride semiconductor devices in 2020. This impact is further anticipated to be witnessed in the coming years.
GaN Semiconductor Devices Market Report Highlights
- The gallium nitride radio frequency devices segment is expected to record the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2027 as a result of the growing demand for these devices in military applications such as Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and Active Electronically-Steered Array (AESA) radars
- The power ICs segment is anticipated to record a high CAGR over the forecast period as a result of the increasing demand for power converters used in data centers that run on high-voltage DC power distribution architecture
- The 8-inch wafer segment is anticipated to experience high traction owing to the rising use of these wafers in automotive applications such as Infotainment Head Unit (IHU) and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- The growing popularity of autonomous vehicles is boosting the demand for LiDAR sensors in driverless navigation systems, which is anticipated to be a major factor driving the growth of the automotive segment over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing regional segment, owing to the increasing demand for efficient and high-performance RF components and a surge in electric vehicle production in countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea
For Purchase Options or any Inquire about GaN Semiconductor Devices Marketplease visit @: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/3334/ibb
GaN Semiconductor Devices Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global GaN semiconductor devices market based on product, component, wafer size, end-use, and region:
GaN Semiconductor Devices Product Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- GaN Radio Frequency Devices
- Power Semiconductors
GaN Semiconductor Devices Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Power IC
GaN Semiconductor Devices Wafer Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
GaN Semiconductor Devices End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense & Aerospace
- Information & Communication Technology
- Industrial & Power
GaN Semiconductor Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Gallium Nitride (GaN) Semiconductor Devices Market
- Cree, Inc.
- Efficient Power Conversion Corporation
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- GaN Systems
- Infineon Technologies AG
- NexGen Power Systems
- NXP Semiconductor
- Qorvo, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Toshiba Corporation
Browse Related Reports :
Solid State Drive (SSD) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (External, Internal), By Storage, By End Use (Enterprise, Client), By Region, Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025.
Multi-Layer Ceramic Capacitor Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type, By Rated Voltage Range, By Dielectric Type, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.A based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States