New York, USA – December 24, 2020 – Fatty acids are precursors of essential substances in the body. Defects in fatty acid metabolism will result in diseases. For scientists and researchers who are engaged in fatty-acid-related diseases, Alfa Chemistry newly launches a subsidiary website, supplying varieties of fatty acids to support their research projects. Now Alkyl Methane Sulfates, Cholesterol, Fatty Acetates, Glycerides and many other fatty acids can be easily found at Alfa Chemistry.
Fatty acids are carboxylic acids with long aliphatic chains. They are important dietary sources of fuel for animals and also are important structural components for cells. Fatty acids usually exist as three main classes of esters: triglycerides, phospholipids, and cholesteryl esters, and can be divided into four general categories: saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, and trans fats.
“Fatty acids play multiple roles. First, they are constituents of phospholipids which are the “building blocks” of cell membranes. Second, as part of neutral lipids, fatty acids also serve as storage materials in cells. Third, derivatives of fatty acids are involved in cell signalling,” says a spokesman from Alfa Chemistry. “Therefore, it is quite fair to say that fatty acids and their metabolism are closely related with researches in biology, bacteriology, ecology, human nutrition and health. Certain fatty acids and their ratios in cellular membranes can even be used as biomarkers to enable the identification of organisms.”
The fatty acids provided at Alfa Chemistry include:
• Fatty Acids and Ester Homologs, which can further be divided into saturated series and unsaturated series.
• Glycerides, which are esters formed from glycerol and fatty acids that are very hydrophobic. Glycerol has three hydroxyl functional groups, which can be esterified with one, two, or three fatty acids to form mono-, di-, and triglycerides.
• Fatty Alcohols, also called long-chain alcohols, which are usually high-molecular-weight, straight-chain primary alcohols.
• Fatty Acetates: acetate is a precursor of acetyl-CoA, which is used by cells for the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol to build up the cell membrane.
• Cholesterol, which is present in every cell of the body and has important natural functions when it comes to digesting foods, producing hormones, and generating vitamin D.
To learn more about Alfa Chemistry’s varieties of fatty acids or if you have any questions, please visit https://www.alfa-chemistry.com/fatty-acid or just email at email@example.com for suggestions.
About Alfa Chemistry
Having been a reliable partner for universities, research institutes as well as manufacturing companies, Alfa Chemistry continues to upgrade its product line by supplying a comprehensive range of chemicals like building blocks, reagents, catalysts and reference materials to customers. Recently, the company builds diversified product lines, covering catalysts, fatty acids, functional polymers, materials, regents and many more.