The global COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market size is expected to account for USD 16.3 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period. The continuous approval of diagnostic tests for effective diagnoses of SARS-CoV-2 infection raises the demand for sample collection products, such as swabs and Viral Transport Media (VTM). Also, a shortage of testing materials such as swabs, reagents, and others has resulted in the proliferation of new players in the space, thereby driving the market revenue.
The regulatory agencies are playing a major role as the key driving force of the market, by safeguarding the product efficiency and accelerating new approvals. For instance, in November 2020, the COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit test by Lucira was authorized by the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) for home use for suspected COVID-19 individuals of age 14 and older. The test enables the use of a self-collected nasal swab specimen. Such developments are aimed at the comfort and convenience of patients, along with minimizing the infection risk for healthcare professionals.
Furthermore, constant expanding global financing to boost the swab production which is currently the need of the hour foment organic revenue growth. Some funding agencies are operating in the space are the Washington Entrepreneurial Research Evaluation and Commercialization Hub (WE-REACH), the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Request a Sample Copy of the Global COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/covid-19-sample-collection-kits-market/request/rs1
COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market Report Highlights
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the WHO have recommended nasopharyngeal swab-based diagnostic tests as the preferred mode of testing for SARS-CoV-2 detection
- This has led to the dominance of swabs over other specimen collection products, with a 42.0% revenue share in the 2020 market
- The large volume and usage rate of nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swabs has attributed to the highest share of this product in the global market
- Application of COVID-19 sample collection kits in diagnostics setting is anticipated to account for the largest revenue share in 2020
- A continuous increase in the number of approvals by the U.S. FDA has significantly propelled segment growth
- A large volume of tests carried out in the hospitals coupled with the establishment of new hospitals especially dedicated to COVID-19 care resulted in the dominant share of hospitals and clinics
- Owing to the highest number of cases and tests carried out in the U.S., North America captured the maximum revenue share in 2020
- Furthermore, Europe pegged the second position in the market in terms of revenue generation. The presence of key players such as COPAN Diagnostics and Roche in the region contributes to the region’s total revenue
- Key participants operating in the space, such as Thermo Fisher, Becton Dickinson, COPAN Diagnostics, and Puritan Medical Products, are constantly boosting their production and supply
- For instance, in October 2020, Puritan Medical Products announced its plans to establish a second facility in Pittsfield, after being awarded USD 51.2 million through CARES Act
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/450356/ibb
COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global COVID-19 sample collection kits market based on product, application, site of collection, and region:
COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 – 2027)
- Nasopharyngeal (NP) swabs
- Oropharyngeal (OP) swabs
- Nasal Swabs
- Viral Transport Media
- Blood Collection Kits
- Other Consumables
COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 – 2027)
COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Site of Collection Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 – 2027)
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Home Test
COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2020 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market
- Puritan Medical Products
- COPAN Diagnostics
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Lucence Diagnostics Pte Ltd.
- Hardy Diagnostics
- Trinity Biotech
- Quidel Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics
- Danaher Corporation
- Vitagene Inc.
- HiMedia Laboratories
- VIRCELL S.L.
Browse Related Reports @
Clinical Laboratory Tests Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/clinical-laboratory-tests-market
COVID-19 Detection Kits Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/covid-19-detection-kits-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States