Signals Boosts Omni-Channel Effectiveness by Opening Up Audiences to Any Channel or Partner, Giving Marketers Full Control Over Personalization and Outcomes
Epsilon launched Signals, a new product that recognizes near real-time consumer buying signals with back-end data science and modeling included, enabling marketers to focus on optimizing audiences and personalization across channels. Part of Epsilon PeopleCloud Prospect, Signals enriches a brand’s first party data with Epsilon’s proprietary data, yielding valuable insights such as a consumer’s likelihood to be in market to purchase a product or service. Unlike the predictive audiences made popular by other martech partners and consumer platforms, Signals gives marketers direct access to these optimized audiences with no restrictions on leveraging them outside of Epsilon’s platform for omni-channel campaigns.
Marketing Technology News: Deck Commerce Launches Order Management Extension for Magento to Empower DTC Retailers
“Signals strikes the right balance of predictive capabilities, ease of use and flexible activation for marketers who have been frustrated by siloed campaigns and fragmented personalization,” said Wayne Townsend, President, Technology at Epsilon. “The closed nature of most predictive audiences can cost brands millions in missed revenue and wasted marketing spend. Signals is designed to even the playing field and give control back to marketers, without the burden of building extensive AI and data science capabilities in-house. It’s something marketers really appreciate, especially as they are navigating a path forward in a cookie-less world.”
Signals has been proven to increase customer lifetime value by improving the effectiveness of up-sell and cross sell campaigns. The client’s first party-data is enriched with proprietary data, including browsing behavior, interests and demographics. Epsilon then applies machine learning to deliver an audience that is updated regularly and optimized for the client’s specific KPIs and outcomes.
Signals comes in three packages to meet marketers’ needs:
- Custom: Uses Epsilon’s machine learning models to optimize towards an outcome, delivering the best results.
- Configurable: Rule-based triggers leveraging open web browsing and a client’s first-party data, such as browsing of a brand’s website, for when a high degree of transparency into model creation is required.
- Pre-defined audiences: Access to curated attributes that organize users by life stage (e.g., newlywed or new mover), interests (e.g., luxury travel or sports cars) and propensities (e.g., discount shopper).
Townsend added, “The data powering Signals unveils the moments of inspiration that occur before a purchase. In the case of a high-ticket purchase like a new home, it could be months in advance. Or, if it’s like most retail purchases, it could be days or weeks. Brands have asked for access to this type of data for a long time because they have seen the exponential growth it can deliver. We’re excited to provide an innovation that finally gives it to them in a way that is easy to use and doesn’t require any data science capabilities on the client’s end.”
Marketing Technology News: Searchlight Capital Partners and ForgeLight Complete Acquisition of Majority Stake in Univision
Epsilon PeopleCloud Prospect and Signals are both part of Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency. The Epsilon PeopleCloud suite includes:
- Discovery: A solution for uncovering insights, planning your growth strategy and optimizing marketing.
- Prospect: A privacy-by-design data clean room designed to uncover unique insights and enable open activation and measurement.
- Digital Media Solutions: A solution for delivering personalized display media across mobile, desktop and video.
- Customer: A Customer Data Platform to manage and activate first-party data, as the marketing source of truth and backbone of a unified customer experience.
- Loyalty: A leading loyalty platform to create meaningful experiences with customers that last a lifetime.
- Messaging: An industry-leading email and SMS solution that helps brands create the most relevant conversations in each customer’s preferred channels.
Marketing Technology News: Okera and Starburst Announce Strategic Partnership