January 26, 2021 (Philadelphia, PA) – Trial lawyers Andy Stern and Elizabeth Crawford today announced the launch of their new law firm Stern & Crawford, P.C. Stern will serve as founding partner/ CEO at the new firm and Crawford as managing partner. The firm will represent severely injured clients in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and other jurisdictions and is setting up their new office in center city Philadelphia.
Stern maintains the records for the largest medical malpractice verdict in Pennsylvania of $100 million, and for one of the largest verdicts outside of Philadelphia County when he obtained a $38.2 million jury verdict in Delaware County, PA.
“We’ve been successfully and independently practicing for many years as a ‘firm within a firm’ and now it’s time to do that even better under our own name” said Stern, founding partner/CEO. “Stern & Crawford, P.C. will best represent our clients’ needs by using our proven trial experience and ‘hands on’ personal approach to continue to achieve record-setting pre-trial settlements and extraordinary jury verdicts.”
Having worked together for over seven years at Kline & Specter, the Stern and Crawford team will continue to offer their hard-working expertise across a wide spectrum of catastrophic injury litigation which includes medical malpractice, aviation, construction-related accidents, FELA, civil rights, and product-related liability. Stern and Crawford will be joined by several members of their legal team, including their senior associate, Michelle Paznokas, Esquire, whom has been a part of their team for almost 5 years and newly admitted attorney, Jillian Casarella, Esquire – both graduates of the Drexel Kline School of Law.
“I’m excited to represent clients with an even greater personal approach in our new firm,” said Crawford, managing partner. “My number one goal has always been to put our clients first and give them the security and personalized attention they deserve throughout our attorney/client relationship in and out of the courtroom. I sincerely believe we are well positioned to get our clients justice and top-notch results.”
Notable cases handled by Stern and Crawford include:
- Winning the largest personal injury recovery for a Plaintiff in Pennsylvania history of $95.6 million dollars (Salvation Army Building Collapse Case)
- Achieving over $20 million dollars in settlements involving medical malpractice cases during 2020, notwithstanding the challenging COVID-19 pandemic.
- Member of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee representing victims of the Boeing Max 8 Litigation in Chicago, Illinois
- The largest reported jury verdict against the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (“CHOP”) and the largest verdict in 2015 involving a minor
- One of the largest medical malpractice settlements in Camden County, New Jersey in 2020
- One of the largest medical malpractice settlements in Middlesex County, New Jersey
- The largest civil rights action settlement in 2016 against the Philadelphia Police Department
- One of the top medical malpractice settlements in Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
- Obtaining over a quarter of a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for their clients in the last seven (7) years.
- Recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and America