- Index lists 380 companies that have publicly demonstrated their commitment to equality and advancing women in the workplace
- Schneider Electric’s strong performance highlights its commitment to gender equality and ensuring its employees have equal opportunities everywhere
Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for the fourth year in a row.
The Bloomberg GEI provides managers and investors with comparative information on gender-equality performance of the world’s biggest companies. This unique barometer of gender-equality performance provides transparency to gender-related practices and policies at publicly listed companies increasing the breadth of environmental, social, governance (ESG) data available to investors.
“We are proud to be recognized for the fourth year in a row for our efforts to achieve gender equality,” said Schneider Electric’s Chairman and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire. “At Schneider Electric, we pride ourselves on nurturing an inclusive culture where women are empowered, enabled and visible in the organization. While we have already progressed on female representation on the board and our Executive Committee, our goal is to have, by 2025, women representing 50 per cent of all new hires, 40 per cent of frontline managers, and 30 per cent of senior leadership. Gender balance is integral to how we conduct business, and we are making it a business priority.”
Positive results towards equal opportunities
The Bloomberg Gender-Equity Index includes 59 metrics across five areas. Companies are assigned a score based on both disclosure and data excellence. “The companies included in the 2021 GEI are expanding the ESG data universe to include gender-related data that investors are demanding today,” said Peter T. Grauer, Chairman of Bloomberg. “Their commitment to disclosure is making the business case for inclusion and driving transparency in the markets.”
Schneider Electric scored above the overall GEI average, with its highest scores in disclosure, equal pay and gender pay parity, and inclusive culture. This performance reflects the company’s initiatives to drive positive change and provide equal opportunities for everyone, everywhere, through:
- Leadership in building an inclusive workplace culture and advocating for gender equality as a UN Women HeForShe IMPACT 10x10x10 Champion and 100 per cent commitment by the CEO and Country Presidents to the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles.
- Empowering women through its global policies and practices. As of the end of 2019, the Global Family Leave Policy has been deployed in all countries, covering 99 per cent of its employees, and the Global Pay Equity Framework has also been implemented in all countries, reaching 99 per cent of the total workforce. With its recently updated Flexibility at Work Policy, Schneider Electric’s philosophy on New Ways of Working for individuals and teams in the ‘next normal’ contributes towards a more agile, inclusive, empowering and trusting culture.
- Investing in vocational training of women through the company’s Access to Energy Training & Entrepreneurship program.
Schneider Electric has also become a member of the Gender and Diversity KPI Alliance (GDKA), a group of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion advocates, corporations, academics, and trade organizations that support the adoption and use of a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure gender and other types of diversity in their organizations. GDKA believes focusing on the diversity of a company’s talent pipeline is vital in creating a fair and equitable workplace.
Schneider Electric received other global recognitions for its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
In addition to being included in the GEI, Schneider Electric has received other prestigious recognitions during 2020. The company was included in the Top 30 in the Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021, which assesses companies’ success in promoting all types of diversity. Schneider Electric was also ranked in the Top 50 for the Universum World’s Most Attractive Employers, which recognizes the best global companies on attracting, recruiting and retaining talent.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Company Name: ABC Private Limited
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email