Increasing utilization of membrane bioreactors by municipal corporations for wastewater treatment is driving the global membrane bioreactor market.
The global membrane bioreactor market is expected to be valued at USD 4.99 billion by 2027 from USD 2.98 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 7.1% through the forecast period, according to the latest report by Emergen Research.
This growth in the market can be attributed to the growing adoption of membrane bioreactors by various municipalities. In addition, the market for membrane bioreactors is also motivated by rising concerns about environmental degradation, as the technology offers eco-friendly treatment for industrial and municipal wastewater.
Get Sample PDF Brochure with Impact of COVID19: https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/453
Membrane bioreactors are cost-effective and, compared to traditional municipal wastewater treatment procedures, take less time. The quality of treated water produced by the use of advanced membrane bioreactors is significantly higher than that produced by traditional methods of treatment.
The manufacture of cost-effective and eco-friendly membrane bioreactors has resulted in growing research and development activities. The demand is boosted by the production of high-quality, clarified, and mostly disinfected water obtained by treatment with membrane bioreactors. In addition, the growing need for the removal of pathogenic bacteria, micropollutants, and sludge viruses contributes to the demand among municipalities and industries for membrane bioreactors.
Key Report Highlights
- In September 2020, a pioneer in the management of critical water treatment solutions, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, announced the acquisition of Aquapure Technologies, a water supply and equipment business in Ohio, U.S. The acquisition will help to improve the potential for service of the former in Ohio and the surrounding areas.
- The largest market share of 57.7% in 2019 was held by the submerged membrane bioreactor sub-segment. The segment is powered by lower energy requirements and improved biodegradation efficiency of submerged membrane bioreactors.
- During the forecast period, the hollow fibre sub-segment is projected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 7.6%. The category is powered by lower operating and maintenance costs for hollow fibres as opposed to flat-sheet and multi-tubular membranes.
- The largest share of the membrane bioreactor market in 2019 was held by the urban wastewater treatment sub-segment. Due to stringent requirements imposed by regulatory bodies on wastewater discharge, municipalities are increasingly using membrane bioreactors.
- The largest share of the global membrane bioreactor market in 2019 was in Asia Pacific. The demand for membrane bioreactors among municipalities and industries in the area has been driven by rapid industrial sector growth and the growing population in the region.
- Key market participants include Toray Industries, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies S.A., SUEZ, Kubota, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings, Koch Separation Solutions, Huber Technology, Parkson Corporation, and Alfa Laval
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below:
Emergen Research has segmented the global membrane bioreactor market in terms of system configuration, membrane type, application, and region:
- System Configuration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Membrane Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Flat Sheet
- Hollow Fiber
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Quick Buy: https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/453
Thank you for reading our report. For further details or to inquire about customization, please get in touch with us. We assure you that your report will be designed as per your requirements.
Company Name: Emergen Research
Contact Person: Eric Lee
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 (604) 757-9756
Address:14671 110 Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3R2A9
State: British Columbia