The Global Membranes Market is expected to be valued at USD 10.81 Billion in 2027 from USD 5.59 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 9.1% through the forecast period. The exponential growth of the market can be credited to the growing requirement of reclaiming and cleaning the water from various wastewater sources for reusing purposes. The augmented use of membranes to produce potable drinking water from groundwater, seawater sources, and surface water are projected to add traction to the market growth.
Extensive research and development activities for upgrading the wastewater treatment procedures and desalination are estimated to further boost the market growth in the forecast timeframe. Municipal corporations are extensively using microfiltration and ultrafiltration for wastewater and water treatment. The excellent attributes of membrane filters, such as increased efficiency and long filtration media life, have augmented the use of membrane technology in water treatment. Moreover, the membrane technology requires less space, i.e., a smaller footprint in comparison to the traditional technologies, which is, in turn, adding to the market growth.
However, municipal corporations have a scarcity of financial resources to boost the advancement in membrane technology for its extensive usage in the treatment of wastewater and water. This can potentially impede the market growth over the projected timeframe. But, the long-term research and development activities in nanotechnology are foreseen to generate lucrative growth opportunities for the market players in the coming years. The use of advanced nanotechnology solutions is projected to enhance the efficiency of the wastewater treatment plants in the forecast timeframe.
Get your Sample Copy with TOC of the Report to understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/471
Key Highlights from the Report:
- The reverse osmosis sub-segment accounted for the largest share of the industry in 2019, occupying a 39.3% share in the global landscape, and is estimated to show substantial growth in the forecast period. The increased efficiency, approximately 99.5%, of reverse osmosis in the separation of small particles, such as bacteria and monovalent ions such as chloride and sodium ions, has augmented the use of reverse osmosis in water and wastewater treatment.
- The polymeric sub-segment is projected to expand at a significantly high CAGR of 9.5% through the projected timeframe. The growing requirement to improve the filtration processes has boosted the development of advanced polymeric membranes with enhanced efficiency and high performance. This is, in turn, projected to bolster the growth of the segment.
- The water and wastewater treatment sub-segment is estimated to occupy the largest share of the market in the projected timeframe. This can be attributed to the implementation of stringent standards on the discharge or reuse of water and wastewater.
- Asia Pacific region held the largest share of the market in 2019 and is projected to occupy a sizeable share of the market in the coming years. This can be accredited to the accelerated industrialization in the region and rapid growth in the agricultural and domestic activities that produce a massive amount of wastewater. This is creating an augmented need for membranes in the region, thereby driving the market growth.
- Major companies in the industry include Pall Corporation, Toray Industries, Koch Separation Solutions, DuPont, Hydranautics, Suez, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Pentair, LG Water Solutions, and Lanxess.
- In October 2019, DuPont announced the acquisition agreement of the ultrafiltration membrane business of BASF, a German-based leading chemical company. Under the acquisition agreement, DuPont is set to expand its portfolio of water purification and separation technologies that include reverse osmosis, ion exchange resins, and ultrafiltration.
ORDER NOW (Customized Report Delivered as per Your Specific Requirement)@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/471
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Membranes Market on the basis of technology, material, application, and region:
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Industrial Processing
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Take a Look at our Related Reports:
Activated Carbon Market Development Strategy
Cardiac Monitoring & Cardiac Rhythm Management Devices Market Future Growth
Neurostimulation Devices Market Research Methodology
Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) Market Drivers
Sodium Dichromate Market Manufacturers
Industrial Microbiology Market Revenue
Surgical Instrument Tracking Systems Market Size
Medical Lighting Technologies Market Share
Smart Irrigation Controllers Market Trends
Soldier System Market Growth
Plant-Based Food & Beverage Alternatives Market Analysis
Nano Drones Market Business Opportunities
Fermented Food and Ingredients Market Key Players
Mobile Robot Market Demand
Forensic Technology Market Competitive Landscape
Autonomous Delivery Vehicles Market Segments
Solid Waste Management Market Overview
Prenatal Testing Industry
Digital Biomarkers Market Statistics
Company Name: Emergen Research
Contact Person: Eric Lee
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 (604) 757-9756
Address:14671 110 Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3R2A9
State: British Columbia