“Myotonic dystrophy Market” report has been added to DelveInsight
Myotonic dystrophy Overview
Myotonic Dystrophy (DM) is a genetic, slowly progressive, multisystem disorder that affects skeletal muscles, heart, gastrointestinal and uterine smooth muscles, eyes, and the endocrine and central nervous systems. It is caused by an autosomal dominant gene mutation in the DMPK gene located on chromosome 19.
Myotonic dystrophy Market
DelveInsight’s “Myotonic dystrophy – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Myotonic dystrophy, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Myotonic dystrophy market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Request free sample copy@ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/myotonic-dystrophy-market
Myotonic dystrophy Market: By Regions Covered
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Myotonic dystrophy Key Players
- Amo Pharma
- Gilead Sciences
- Expansion Therapeutics
- And many others
Myotonic dystrophy Drugs
- And many others
Myotonic dystrophy Symptoms
The symptoms of myotonic dystrophy vary greatly from person to person. In its most severe form, infants with DM can have extreme muscle weakness and difficulty in breathing after birth. In contrast, DM can be very mild in older adults. Almost all affected persons have some degree of myotonia and muscle weakness due to atrophy or shrinkage of the muscles. Myotonia is most evident in the hands, and results in difficulty in releasing grip and may also experience muscle stiffness.
Myotonic dystrophy Market Report
Generally DM is classified into two categories; Myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1) and Myotonic dystrophy type 2 (DM2). DM1 is also known as Steinert’s Disease, the most common form of the disease and the one with the most severe effects. The second type, DM2, was discovered in 2001, which is also known as proximal myotonic myopathy (PROMM), is a milder form of myotonic dystrophy that comes on in adulthood.
Myotonic dystrophy Market Outlook
Myotonic dystrophy symptoms tend to worsen gradually over several decades and currently no particular treatment exist that may slow the progression of disease. The management of DM is based on symptomatic treatment,such as genetic counseling, preserving function and independence, preventing cardiopulmonary complications, and providing symptomatic treatment for myotonia, hypersomnolence, and pain.
Myotonic dystrophy Treatment Market
Symptomatic treatments may also include the use of medications,such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), gabapentin, tricyclic antidepressants, mexiletine, and low doses of glucocorticoids such as prednisone. The most commonly used medication is mexiletine which has a moderate effect. Antidiabetic drugs normalize blood sugar levels and address mild diabetic symptoms; antimyotonic drugs are used when myotonia impairs normal activities, and NSAIDs are used to manage muscle pain as a part of rehabilitative therapy.
Current Myotonic dystrophy Emerging Drugs
Companies across the globe are diligently working toward the development of new therapies for Myotonic Dystrophy (DM). Major players, such as Amo Pharma, Gilead Sciences, Expansion Therapeutics, and others are involved in developing therapies for the disease. AMO-02 (Amo Pharma), Ranolazine (Gilead Sciences), and ERX-963 (Expansion Therapeutics) along with others are in the various stages of development for the treatment of Myotonic Dystrophy.
List of Table of content
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Myotonic dystrophy
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Myotonic dystrophy
4. Myotonic dystrophy: Market Overview at a Glance
5. Myotonic dystrophy: Disease Background and Overview
6. Patient Journey
7. Myotonic dystrophy Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Myotonic dystrophy Treatment
11. Marketed Products
12. Emerging Therapies
13. Myotonic dystrophy: Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Myotonic dystrophy
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight
Why should you buy this report?
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Myotonic dystrophy market
- To understand the future market competition in the Myotonic dystrophy market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Myotonic dystrophy in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Myotonic dystrophy market
- To understand the future market competition in the Myotonic dystrophy market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States