Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, a work injury law firm based in Los Angeles, CA, has released a new guide explaining workers’ rights after an injury. The ongoing pandemic has put many workers on edge, causing some to avoid pursuing workers’ compensation and third-party claims following a workplace injury.
Attorney Emily Ruby felt the guide was needed to help workers avoid disqualifying themselves from receiving compensation. “At our firm, we’ve spoken to numerous workers that are afraid of pursuing compensation. They worry that they’ll lose hours, be fired, or end up blackballed by employers in their industries. When an injured worker does not pursue their benefits and compensation, they may go on to suffer lingering injuries that result in costly medical expenses that they are unable to afford,” said Attorney Ruby.
The Los Angeles work injury lawyer also discussed how her firm’s new guide can help save injured workers from other costly mistakes. “Our new guide explains what rights workers have and how they can utilize those rights to protect their ability to manage their lives in the future. Most workers are unaware of how impactful their post-injury actions are on their quality of life later. We hope that our guide provides them with the tools they need to obtain the benefits and compensation that they deserve.”
According to Greenberg & Ruby, LLP’s new guide, here are some of the crucial rights injured workers need to know about:
- You have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim if you’ve suffered an injury or illness on the job.
- You have the right to see a doctor and to pursue medical care and treatment.
- If you are not able to return to work because of your injuries that leave you temporarily or permanently disabled, you have the right to seek disability benefits.
- If you don’t agree with a decision that was made by your employer or their insurance company or by workers’ compensation court, you have the right to appeal that decision.
- You have the right to be represented by a California work injury attorney throughout the injury claim process.
According to the NSC United States statistics, a worker suffers an on-the-job injury every seven seconds.
That results in:
– 540 injuries per hour
– 12,900 injuries per day
– 90,400 work injuries per week
– And 7 million work injuries per year
Workplace injuries result in 99 million days of lost productivity each year. On average, each injury suffered on the job results in 21 days of disability.
Although 21 days is already significant, many injured workers suffer injuries that require far more. This results in many workers sustaining long-term disabilities by returning to work too early. They need more time to obtain adequate medical treatment and fully recover from their injuries.
About Greenberg & Ruby, LLP
Greenberg & Ruby, LLP is a California work injury law firm that assists those who have suffered serious injuries. Unlike workers’ compensation law firms, Greenberg & Ruby, LLP attorneys focus on third-party liability cases such as scaffolding accidents, heavy machinery injuries, roof falls, trench collapses, electrocution, construction accidents, and warehouse injuries. Greenberg & Ruby attorneys have helped to recover over $250 million in damages over the last 50 years.
Company Name: Greenberg & Ruby, LLP
Address:6100 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1170
City: Los Angeles
State: CA 90048
Country: United States