The global IoT in agriculture market size is expected to reach USD 30.8 billion in 2028, registering a CAGR of 10.6% over the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data.Major factors driving market revenue growth are the growing demand for agricultural output, increasing penetration of Internet of Things (IoT) & Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies in the farming sector, and increasing government support for the adoption of latest agricultural technologies along with growing focus on livestock monitoring to enhance efficiency in farming.
Internet of Things plays a critical role in increasing agricultural productivity, which is highly required to meet the rising food demand. By connecting farms through a common platform and providing them with knowledge exchange, storage, and review options, IoT technologies can solve agricultural problems and optimize the quantity and quality of agricultural output. IoT combines with advanced technical resources, machinery, and solutions in agriculture to improve operating efficiency and reduce energy waste. A system is built in IoT-based smart farming to track crop field using sensors, such as light, temperature, and humidity, as well as to automate the irrigation system.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4017
The UN Food and Agriculture Organization estimates that the world would need to generate 70% more food by 2050 in order to meet the food demand. With the rapid growth of global population diminishing agricultural lands and depletion of scarce natural resources, the need to improve farm yield has become crucial. The problem has been exacerbated by a lack of natural resources, such as fresh water and arable land, as well as declining yield patterns in sveral staple crops. The changing composition of the agricultural workforce is another impeding problem for the farming industry. Furthermore, farm labor has decreased in majority of countries. The adoption of internet connectivity solutions in farming practices has been triggered as a result of the declining agricultural workforce, in order to minimize the need for manual labor.
Most farms are located in remote areas, which results in poor internet connectivity. This is expected to restrain the market growth. Furthermore, the high cost of hardware and software involved in IoT in agriculture makes it difficult for farmers to implement advanced technologies. This is especially true for farmers in less developed countries where the technological advancement in farming is decades behind that in developed countries. Such factors may restrain market development in the coming years.
Some Key Highlight in the Report:
- Among the offering segments, the services segment is projected to register largest market share over the forecast period.
- The precision farming segment is expected to register a significant CAGR among the agriculture type segments during the forecast period.
- The livestock monitoring application segment accounted for the largest revenue share among the other application segments in the global market in 2020.
- Growing government initiatives and regulations to enhance the agriculture industry in the region are expected to drive the North American IoT in agriculture market growth over the forecast period.
- The market revenue from Europe IoT in agriculture market is projected to grow at a significantly high rate over the forecast period, following that of North America.
- Some of the prominent companies in the market include Deere & Company, Trimble, Raven Industries, AGCO Corporation (AGCO), AgJunction Inc. (AgJunction), DeLaval, GEA Farm Technology, Lely, Antelliq, AG Leader Technology (AG Leader), Tigercat, Ponsse, Komatsu Forest AB, Caterpillar, Treemetrics, Topcon Positioning Systems, and DICKEY-john Corporation.
To read more about the report @https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/iot-in-agriculture-market
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global IoT in agriculture market on the basis of offering, agriculture type, application and region:
Offering Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018 – 2028)
Agriculture Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018 – 2028)
- Precision Farming
- Precision Forestry
- Livestock Monitoring
- Fish Farm Monitoring
- Smart Greenhouse
- Others (Horticulture and orchids)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018 – 2028)
- Precision Farming Applications
- Precision Forestry Applications
- Livestock Monitoring Applications
- Fish Farm Monitoring Applications
- Smart Greenhouse Applications
- Other Applications (Horticulture and orchids applications)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4017
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. The report can be tailored to the needs of the client. Please contact us for more details, and our team will tailor the report to your specific requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States