What is Hepatorenal Syndrome?
Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS) is a unique form of functional renal failure due to diminished renal blood flow, which occurs typically in histologically normal kidneys. It is a severe complication of advanced liver disease and characteristically affects patients with cirrhosis and ascites.
Hepatorenal Syndrome Epidemiology
· The total incident population of Hepatorenal Syndrome in seven major markets was estimated to be 280,659 cases in 2017.
· In 2017, the total incident and diagnosed cases of hepatorenal syndrome (HRS) were found to be 54,446 and 28,231, respectively, in the US.
· In 2017, among the European countries, Germany had the highest incident population of HRS with 76,000 cases, followed by Spain, which had 45,609 cases.
Hepatorenal Syndrome Market Outlook
According to DelveInsight, Hepatorenal Syndrome Market size in the 7MM was found to be USD 586.66 million in 2017.
Currently, there are no FDA approved medications explicitly indicated for HRS. In the US, albumin is frequently used to control HRS symptoms. In cases where these treatments cannot be used or are ineffective, beta-blockers, rifaximin, and somatostatin are administered.
The mainstay of treatment remains vasopressor therapy with albumin to reverse splanchnic vasodilation and improve RBF. Vasoconstrictor therapy cause constriction of splanchnic vessels, resulting in increasing the effective circulating blood volume, which increases renal perfusion and glomerular filtration. Vasoconstrictors are often combined with albumin to improve their clinical benefits. Vasoconstrictors used for HRS management are terlipressin, noradrenaline, and the combination of midodrine + octreotide.
Which biotechnological companies involved in the development of Hepatorenal Syndrome therapies?
Companies are working to develop therapies for the Hepatorenal Syndrome treatment. Drugs such as Terlipressin (Mallinckrodt) and BIV201 (BioVie) are being assessed as potential therapies to be available in the market in the coming future.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS) epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS) is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS) market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS) market
Request sample pages for more information on Hepatorenal Syndrome Market Size