DelveInsight added a report on “Carcinoid Syndrome Market“. It covers an overview, its causes, signs and symptoms, and therapies. Major players are involved in developing therapies for Carcinoid Syndrome. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Carcinoid Syndrome market.
Carcinoid Syndrome Overview
Carcinoid Syndrome (CS) refers to a combination of symptoms, physical manifestations, and abnormal laboratory findings. Carcinoid syndrome is seen in individuals who have an underlying carcinoid tumor that has spread to the liver. Carcinoid tumors are well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors with secretory properties, releasing serotonin, along with a number of other active peptides. These tumors can arise anywhere along the primitive gut and are therefore found in the bronchial tree (airways) and along the gastrointestinal tract. The tumor cells can also migrate (metastasize) to the liver.
Get Sample Report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/carcinoid-syndrome-market
Some of the key features of the Carcinoid Syndrome Market Report
- Carcinoid tumors are rare, with only 27 new cases per million diagnosed in the U.S. per year.
- The Carcinoid tumors syndrome affects males and females equally.
- Carcinoid syndrome may be more prevalent than suspected because diagnosis is difficult and sometimes overlooked; some patients may not exhibit all three of the hallmark symptoms of flushing, wheezing, and diarrhea.
- Carcinoid Tumor companies such as Aquestive Therapeutics, Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, and several others.
- Carcinoid Tumor therapies such as AQST-305-SF, Paltusotine, and several others.
Carcinoid Syndrome Symptoms
- Red Skin flushing
- Facial skin lesions
- Difficulty breathing
- Rapid heartbeat
Carcinoid Syndrome Diagnosis
Diagnosis is best achieved with a multimodality approach including biochemical investigation, radiological and nuclear imaging, and finally histological (tissue biopsy) confirmation where possible. Standard treatment is surgery to remove the entire tumor where possible and reduce (debulk) any metastases. Hepatic artery catheterization with injection of embolic inert particles alone or mixed with chemotherapy has been very effective in many patients with liver metastases.
Carcinoid Syndrome Cause
The underlying cause of carcinoid tumors remains unclear. Some studies have suggested risk factors such as smoking and dietary intake. However, further research is needed to confirm these findings. In the majority of cases tumors are slow-growing and can produce hormonal chemical substances such as serotonin, bradykinins, tachykinins and prostaglandins. If the original carcinoid cells spread (metastasize) to the liver, these substances are no longer broken down to their inactive form and are released into the systemic (main) circulation, causing the signs and symptoms of carcinoid syndrome. When tumors affect organs other than the gastrointestinal tract, such as the ovaries, carcinoid syndrome can occur in the absence of liver metastases.
Carcinoid Syndrome Treatment
Carcinoid Syndrome Treatment is based on controlling specific signs and symptoms due to hormones released by the tumor itself, as well as treating the neoplasm. Standard treatment is surgery to remove the entire tumor where possible and reduce (debulk) any metastases. In gastrointestinal tumors this will involve resection of the affected area. For bronchial (airway) lesions, procedures such as lobectomy, sleeve resection or pneumonectomy may be required depending on the location of the mass. Debulking of liver metastases can be done by surgical excision or by newer techniques such as cryoablation and radiofrequency ablation. Hepatic artery catheterization with injection of embolic inert particles alone or mixed with chemotherapy has been very effective in many patients with liver metastases. Octreotide (Sandostatin) injections are the mainstay for symptomatic management of carcinoid syndrome.
Get an overview of the sample report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/carcinoid-syndrome-market
Carcinoid Syndrome Market Insights
Systemic therapy should be used to control humorally mediated symptoms when the cancer spreads elsewhere. Patients benefit from specific drugs that either suppress production of vasoactive amines or block the peripheral effects. These agents include alpha-adrenergic blocking drugs, cyproheptadine, and H2-receptor blockers. Little evidence suggests that chemotherapy, either traditional or by continuous infusion, helps improve patient survival rates. However, failure to respond to one chemotherapy combination does not necessarily mean another combination will also be ineffectual.
Carcinoid Syndrome Emerging Therapy
The dynamics of the Carcinoid Syndrome market is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in healthcare spending across the world. Key players, such as Aquestive Therapeutics, Crinetics Pharmaceuticals and others are involved in developing drugs for Carcinoid Syndrome. The launch of potential emerging therapies such as AQST-305-SF (Aquestive Therapeutics), and Paltusotine (Crinetics Pharmaceuticals) are expected to change the treatment landscape during the forecast period (2021–2030).
Carcinoid Syndrome Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Incidence cases
- Total Diagnosed patient pool
- Total Treated patient pool
Carcinoid Syndrome Market Drivers
- Advent of new concepts in pathophysiology and therapeutic interventions
- Growing R&D
- Advances in the molecular pathogenesis of NENs
Carcinoid Syndrome Market Barriers
- Negative impact on quality of life
- No sequence of different treatments
Request Sample Report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/carcinoid-syndrome-market
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary of Carcinoid Syndrome
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Carcinoid Syndrome
- Carcinoid Syndrome: Market Overview at a Glance
- Carcinoid Syndrome: Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Carcinoid Syndrome Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Carcinoid Syndrome Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Carcinoid Syndrome Treatment
- Carcinoid Syndrome Marketed Products
- Carcinoid Syndrome Emerging Therapies
- Carcinoid Syndrome: Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview of Carcinoid Syndrome
- KOL Views
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Speak to our Business Expert @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/carcinoid-syndrome-market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight
Contact Person: Yash
Email: Send Email
State: New York
Country: United States