The allergy diagnostics market is projected to reach USD 8.2 billion by 2026 from USD 4.8 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 11.1% from 2021 to 2026. The high incidence of allergic diseases and associated heavy economical burden, rising environmental pollution levels, increasing funds by organizations in allergy diagnostics, and the increasing access to healthcare insurance.
OPPORTUNITY: Use of mHealth in allergy diagnosis
The use of mHealth for the diagnosis of rhinitis is currently limited, with a small number of mHealth tools for allergic rhinitis (AR) diagnosis published in peer-reviewed journals. Recent developments in integrated biosensors, wireless communication, and power harvesting techniques generate a new breed of point-of-care devices. However, AR is a very common disease. Any diagnostic device connected to a smartphone (e.g., peak nasal inspiratory flow meters or intranasal biosensors) would need to be inexpensive to be affordable.
The monitoring of the control of allergic multimorbidity (rhinitis, conjunctivitis, and asthma) has been approached by several apps. Allergymonitor, for example, helps in monitoring the symptoms and medication intake, which is then matched to local pollen concentrations. Similarly, the MASK (Mobile Airways Sentinel Network) MASK-Air, initially called Allergy Diary, uses a visual analog scale (VAS) for eye, nose, & asthma symptoms, work impairment, and a global assessment. The data collected by the users of this app have led to new insights on work productivity, treatment patterns, and phenotypes of allergic diseases.
Download PDF Brochure:
- In 2021, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. has been renamed Minaris Medical America, Inc. By uniting the medical business group companies under the name of Minaris Medical, Hitachi aims to strengthen its global presence and expand business operations in the field of in-vitro diagnostics. The companies are a part of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. (renamed from Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. on Oct 1, 2020).
- In 2021, PerkinElmer Inc. entered into an agreement with Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC to acquire the later. The acquisition will enable PerkinElmer Inc. to strengthen its position in the ImmunoDiagnostics (IDS) market. IDS would be incorporated under EUROIMMUN Medizinische LABORDIAGNOSTIKA AG, a company offering allergy products and solutions.
- In 2020, NEOGEN Corporation launched Reveal 3-D for Gluten
- In 2019, Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH opened its APAC Solutions Centre in Singapore. The APAC Solutions Centre features new facilities for food allergen testing.
The study involved four major activities to estimate the current size of the allergy diagnostics market. Exhaustive secondary research was done to collect information on the market and its different subsegments. The next step was to validate these findings, assumptions, and sizing with industry experts across the value chain through primary research. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches were employed to estimate the complete market size. Thereafter, market breakdown and data triangulation procedures were used to estimate the market size of the segments and subsegments.
Market Size Estimation:
Both top-down and bottom-up approaches were used to estimate and validate the total size of the allergy diagnostics market. These methods were also used extensively to estimate the size of various subsegments in the market. The research methodology used to estimate the market size includes the following:
- The key players in the industry and markets have been identified through extensive secondary research.
- The industry’s supply chain and market size, in terms of value, have been determined through primary and secondary research processes.
- All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns have been determined using secondary sources and verified through primary sources.
The competitive landscape includes the analysis of the key growth strategies adopted by major players to expand their global presence and increase their shares in the market. The key growth strategies adopted by the top players in the market include product launches and approvals, agreements, expansions, and acquisitions. Product approvals and launches were the most widely adopted growth strategies by market players in the last three years to garner a larger share of the market.
Request Sample Pages:
The major players operating in this market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., (US), Siemens Healthineers (Germany), Danaher (US), Omega Diagnostics Group PLC (UK), bioMérieux SA (France), Romer Labs Division Holding (Austria), EUROIMMUN Medizinische Labordiagnostika AG (Germany), HollisterStier Allergy (US), NEOGEN Corporation (US), Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg), Minaris Medical America, Inc. (US), Stallergenes Greer (UK)
Regional Growth Analysis:
Based on region, the allergy diagnostics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. In 2020, North America commanded the largest share of the allergy diagnostics market. The large share of North America can be attributed to the rising incidence of allergies, favorable reimbursement scenarios for allergy diagnosis, and the availability of supportive initiatives by associations.
Company Name: MarketsandMarkets
Contact Person: Mr. Aashish Mehra
Email: Send Email
Address:630 Dundee Road Suite 430
State: IL 60062
Country: United States