The 2020 Mars Perseverance Mission is a landmark chapter in Mars exploration endeavors, and INTERSTELLAR, an LA-based visionary watchmaker, has launched an exclusive collector timepiece in honor of NASA’s mission. Titled “RED3,721”, the unique watch collection is the FIRST-ever timepiece line that carries encapsulated Mars Meteorites particles.
The campaign was initially geared to raise around €20,000 by the final quarter of June 2022 but has already surpassed its goals. New pledges are undoubtedly always welcome.
The FIRST-of-its-kind, RED3,721 project has been approved and granted by NASA. The unique timepiece has been developed by INTERSTELLAR in collaboration with leading watchmaker Col&MacArthur.
The name of the collection contains two things – “Red”, which refers to the Red planet Mars- and “3,721”, which symbolizes the gravity of the planet as observed during the NASA expedition.
“We are thrilled to bring to you our exclusive collector timepiece, Interstellar RED3,721. Our unique timepiece has been developed in commemoration of NASA’s Mars Perseverance Mission which was launched in 2020. We champion humanity’s exceptional achievements in space travel and our upcoming RED3,721 is a token of gratitude toward such great strides made beyond the earth”, stated Sebastien Colen, the founder of INTERSTELLAR.
“We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to NASA for approving our project and also to Col&MacArthur for empowering us in this endeavor.”
The RED3,721 watch was created to celebrate the Mars Perseverance Mission in not one but several symbolic ways:
- Watch dial is designed as per the fascinating terrain patterns of the Red planet landscape
- Watch case contains encapsulated authentic Martian dust at 3HRS
- “7 minutes of terror” just below the 10:10 mark denotes the most tensed period during the Perseverance rover became motionless for 7 minutes just after touching the Mars surface
- The Rover’s Parachute on the back cover in memory of the parachute that brought the real footage from the mission on earth and the message of “DARE MIGHTY THINGS”
- The date “February 18, 2020” over the side of the watch dial signifies the historic date when the Perseverance spacecraft first landed on Mars
- The Jezero crater dimensions (18012’00” N- 77036’00” E) since it was the very crater where the Perseverance spacecraft landed when it reached Mars
- The name “Perseverance” on the watch
- Binary code on the dial
- NASA logo on the watch (with approval from NASA)
Keep in mind that INTERSTELLAR has collaborated with The Meteoritical Society (International Society for Meteorites and Planetary Science) which will enable users to trace the origin, history, as well as technical specifications of the meteorite that they wear on their RED3,721 timepiece.
Top features of Interstellar RED3,721
- Comes with the option to choose from 2 premier movements – Miyota and Sellita
- Interchangeable straps in leather and steel
- Sapphire glass case
- 4 dial colors are available – Black, Silver, Copper, and Gold
- 100m water resistance
- The watch comes with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Personalized engraving possible
“Our true one-of-a-kind RED3,721 watch will single-handedly accentuate your watch collection to greater heights. However, such a state-of-the-art project demands robust financial backup and hence this Kickstarter campaign. Your generous support will enable us to bring our exclusive timepiece collection to life and offer you a mighty chance to commemorate the historic Mars Perseverance mission.”
Backers will be rewarded with exclusive Kickstarter discounts on RED3,721 watches, FREE engraving, and other rewards. To show your support for the campaign, please visit Kickstarter
Company Name: INTERSTELLAR