Canada is the world’s 2nd largest country by area, and most of its area is covered by snow. And that makes it one of the most attractive places for tourists. Also, it has world-class higher education, and more than 200,000 international students are pursuing their higher education in Canada.
Today we’re going to discuss the Canadian visa application process for British Citizens. We’ll also talk about what you should keep in mind to avoid any legal hurdles during your visit to Canada.
Requirements For Canada Visa For British Citizens:
However, British citizens don’t need a visa to visit Canada for a shorter period of time. But you must meet specific requirements to enter Canada.
- You’ll have to apply for eTA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) a few days before your scheduled flight.
- If you have taken two doses of the vaccine (a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), you’ll need to provide a vaccination certificate to prove you’re vaccinated.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you’ll have to provide a Covid-19 negative test report. The test must be done 72 hours before your scheduled flight.
- You should not have any criminal report in the UK or Canada.
- You must have sufficient funds to provide you with financial support during your visit, even if you’re staying with your family or friends. They may also ask for job and residence proof.
- If you’re visiting Canada for reasons other than medical treatment, you must be in good health.
- Your passport should have validity for at least upto six months.
- You will have to provide your biometric data for a more extended trip.
Features Of eTA (Electronic Travel Authorisation)
eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt countries’ citizens traveling to Canada. eTA is linked to the visitor’s passport, and it is valid for upto five years. Let’s see some benefits of eTA over a regular visa.
- A regular visa has validity for upto six months only, while an eTA is valid for upto five years.
- eTA holders don’t have to go through the complex visa application process to enter Canada.
- It is linked to the visitor’s passport, so there is no fear of losing it.
- The application process for eTA is straightforward.
- Only citizens of selected countries can apply for eTA. These countries are primarily European.
- You need to pay 7 Canadian dollars to get an eTA.
How To Apply For eTA?
- To apply for eTA, first visit the official website of the Canadian government.
- On the home page, click on the “Visit Canada” Option.
- Under the Services And Information section, you’ll find “Apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA),” click on it.
- Again click on “Apply online for an eTA.”
- It will ask, “Are you applying to travel to Canada right now?” Click on “Yes.”
- Scroll Down and click on “Continue To Apply for an eTA.”
- Read the final instructions and click on “Apply For An eTA.”
- Now, fill out the form and pay the fee. If your application is accepted, you’ll get a confirmation mail at your email address.
Note: To apply for an eTA, you must have a valid passport of a visa-exempt country, an email id, and a debit or a credit card. You’ll be charged 7 Canadian dollars for an eTA.
Company Name: CANADA VISA Application
Contact Person: Juna Thompson Hayden
Email: Send Email
Phone: +61 (08) 9364 3000
Address:4/90 King William St.
State: SA 5000
Country: South Africa