- The World Health Organization has declared monkeypox a global health emergency.
- With over 6,600 cases in the US, and a limited vaccine supply, the spread of Monkeypox has lawmakers, businesses, and investors’ full attention
- Several securities are in line to benefit immediately
- Bavarian Nordic (OTCMKTS: BVNRY): won European approval to apply its IMVANEX vaccine, already used against smallpox, to monkeypox.
- Todos Medical, Ltd. (OTCQB: TOMDF), has entered into two contracts to provide PCR-based MonkeyPox testing services.
- GeoVax (Nasdaq: GOVX):, hopes its Modified Vaccinia Ankara-Virus Like Particle (MVA) vaccine program can quickly yield a monkeypox vaccine.
- Applied DNA Sciences (Nasdaq: APDN): has initiated analytical validation of a company-developed, PCR-based monkeypox virus test
- NanoViricides, Inc. (NYSE American: NNVC) announced a rapid drug development strategy for the Monkeypox virus.
IMONKEYPOX CASES CLIMB IN THE US
Monkeypox is a virus similar to smallpox, with more than 6,600 cases (a likely undercount) reported in the United States as of Aug. 1. Cases are surging in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles (and have been reported in all but two states, Montana and Wyoming).
- Monkeypox won’t crush the economy like COVID — instead, its biggest impact will actually be positive for many stocks
- Monkeypox is a viral disease from West Africa that causes two waves of symptoms.
- The U.S. government has declared the monkeypox outbreak a national public health emergency.
MONKEYPOX STOCKS YOU NEED TO KNOW: TECHNICAL TRADING INFORMATION
- Bavarian Nordic (OTCMKTS: BVNRY): won European approval to apply its IMVANEX vaccine, already used against smallpox, to monkeypox, the US has just authorized emergency use for its vaccine. Barchart.com rates the stock as a ‘buy’, it is above its major moving averages (20 day, 50 day, 100 day, 150 day and 200 day) and indicators are most bullish in the short term. The stock is up over 40% in the past month.
- Todos Medical, Ltd. (OTCQB: TOMDF), is one of the newer entries into the space and as such might be in line to benefit investors most. On Monday it announced it has entered into two contracts to provide PCR-based MonkeyPox testing services. Barchart rates TOMDF as a ‘buy’ and like BVRNY it is above its major moving averages. The stock looks strongest in the short and long term, with less medium term bullishness. Holders and traders should look at TOMDF today.
- GeoVax (Nasdaq: GOVX):, is evaluating its GEO-CM04S1 vaccine for the prevention of Monkeypox. Barchart rates it as a ‘buy’, again above all of its major moving averages and like TOMDF is setup especially well for short term and long term investment.
- Applied DNA Sciences (Nasdaq: APDN): is working on the validation of its PCR-based monkeypox virus test. Barchart rates it as a ‘buy’ with the exact indicators seen in TOMDF and GOVX, however, the stock is already up 580% in the past month which might give some investors pause and could triggers short volume as the company’s tests are still being evaluated.
- NanoViricides, Inc. (NYSE American: NNVC) is pushing a rapid drug development strategy for the Monkeypox virus. Barchart rates the stock as a buy as it is above its major moving averages.
All of the above stocks have breached their moving averages meaning Monkeypox stocks are in full breakout mode. Investors interested in benefiting should start their research today.
MORE MONKEYPOX STOCK COVERAGE: https://capitalgainsreport.com/2022/08/10/battle-of-the-monkeypox-testing-labs/
MORE ABOUT THESE MONKEYPOX PLAYS
Bavarian Nordic (OTCMKTS:BVNRY) is a Denmark-based vaccine producer who originally made headlines with its deal to supply Europe with Monkeypox vaccines. The company then announced a deal to supply 350,000 JYNNEOS doses to an “undisclosed APAC [Asia-Pacific] country”. Most importantly, its non-replicating vaccine, JYNNEOS, is one of the only two licensed monkeypox treatments in the U.S. On Tuesday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday authorized BVNRY’s JYNNEOS vaccine for emergency use via intradermal injection in individuals aged 18 years and older who are determined to be at high risk for monkeypox infection. The authorization will increase the total number of doses available for use by up to five-fold.
Todos Medical, Ltd. (OTCQB: TOMDF), a comprehensive medical diagnostics and related solutions company, announced Monday that its CLIA/CAP-certified laboratory Provista Diagnostics has entered into two contracts to provide PCR-based MonkeyPox testing services. The real innovation in TOMDF’s testing method is the ability to offer a saliva-based sample collection method alongside lesion-based testing which should improve the safety of frontline healthcare workers. As we saw with COVID, this is an integral part to stopping the spread of the disease.Under the first agreement, Provista will be providing MonkeyPox-related testing to a New Jersey-based medical group that specializes in routine screening of patients presenting with dermatologic complaints. Under the second agreement, the Company is expanding a reference laboratory agreement with a New Jersey-based CLIA lab that is already sending COVID testing samples to add MonkeyPox testing. The company expects will open up the potential for testing of asymptomatic or very early-stage patients at high risk of severe disease (such as immunocompromised patients) that could result in earlier diagnosis and early intervention with therapeutic drugs such as Tecovirimat (TPOXX). TPOXX is an investigational drug candidate, and currently only available under an expanded access Investigational New Drug (EA-IND) protocol. Flow Health in Los Angeles, CA has already reported successfully diagnosing asymptomatic MonkeyPox patients and referring patients for TPOXX. The Provista MonkeyPox tests are being developed as Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs).
GeoVax (NASDAQ:GOVX) a U.S.-based biotechnology firm recently fell on its Q2 earnings report, however, could bounce back on any sort of Monkeypox based catalyst. The vaccine used and stockpiled for immunization against Monkeypox is MVA, which is also the vaccine vector utilized in numerous GeoVax vaccines targeting COVID-19, Hemorrhagic fever viruses (e.g., Sudan ebolavirus and Zaire ebolavirus), HIV, Zika and the GeoVax MVA-VLP-MUC1 cancer immunotherapy. Currently, evaluation is underway related to GEO-CM04S1 and the prevention of Monkeypox. The company anticipates that the results will demonstrate successful protection, validating that GEO-CM04S1 is protective against both COVID-19 and Monkeypox. GeoVax also anticipates validating its hemorrhagic fever virus vaccines as protective against Monkeypox, potentially providing unique vaccines preventing both hemorrhagic fever virus and Monkeypox virus in a single vaccine.
Like TOMDF, Applied DNA Sciences (NASDAQ: APDN) is a Monkeypox testing play. Last week, the company announced through its subsidiary, Applied DNA Clinical Labs, LLC (“ADCL”), it has initiated analytical validation of a Company-developed, PCR-based monkeypox virus test that is specific for the genetic signature of the monkeypox virus. The test has been developed as a type of NYSDOH Laboratory Developed Test (“LDT”). If the test is validated by ADCL, a validation package will be submitted to New York State Department of Health for approval. If approved, the test will be used to power ADCL’s monkeypox testing services. ADCL’s monkeypox test utilizes an A17L gene-target specific to monkeypox that enables the qualitative detection and differentiation of monkeypox virus from other non-variola orthopoxviruses using real-time PCR. If validated and approved, testing will be performed at ADCL’s CLEP/CLIA molecular diagnostics laboratory in Stony Brook, N.Y., utilizing its established and proven workflows to ensure accurate results and competitive turn-around-times.
Recently, a company that developed drugs to combat things like pediatric hepatitis has come into focus. NanoViricides (NYSEAMERICAN: NNVC) works on antiviral therapies based on its “nanomedicines” platform. The Company believes its Monkeypox drug development program should reach the clinic in a much shorter timespan compared to its NV-CoV-2 drug for treating COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. To achieve this, the Company intends to ride on the pre-clinical development performed during its NV-CoV-2 drug development program, as explained below. With this strategy, the Company expects to make an effective drug for Monkeypox virus treatment available very rapidly.
All of the above stocks are prudent ways to profit in this trying time. Investors could win with all of the aforementioned securities. APDN is probably the riskiest play due to the elevated price and stage of validation, however, can still provide profit opportunities. TOMDF and NNVC are two of the more recent entries to the Monkeypox market, and as such might contain the most upside. TOMDF’s share price makes its upside potentially more lucrative. GOVX and BVRNY are the more established plays, out of the two, BVRNY has the best chance to be an immediate beneficiary of Monkeypox-related revenue while GOVX works on validating its indication. Make sure to start your research today.
MORE MONKEYPOX STOCK COVERAGE: https://capitalgainsreport.com/2022/08/10/battle-of-the-monkeypox-testing-labs/
Disclaimers: The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides investors a safe harbor in regard to forward-looking statements. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact may be forward looking statements. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through use of words such as projects, foresee, expects, will, anticipates, estimates, believes, understands, or that by statements indicating certain actions & quotes; may, could, or might occur. Understand there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results. Investing in micro-cap and growth securities is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. It is possible that an investors investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled. CapitalGainsReport ‘CGR’ is responsible for the production and distribution of this content. CGR is not operated by a licensed broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. It should be expressly understood that under no circumstances does any information published herein represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. CGR authors, contributors, or its agents, may be compensated for preparing research, video graphics, and editorial content. CGR is compensated one thousand eight hundred dollars monthly via wire transfer by Todos Medical to produce and syndicate content related to TOMDF. As part of that content, readers, subscribers, and website viewers, are expected to read the full disclaimers and financial disclosures statement that can be found on our website.