DelveInsight’s “Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency (LSD) Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market share of the individual therapies, and current and forecasted Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market.
Some of the key facts of the Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Market
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market; historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market
Got queries? Click here to learn more about the Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Market Landscape
Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Overview
Limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) is characterized by a loss or deficiency of the stem cells in the limbus that are vital for the re-population of the corneal epithelium and the barrier function of the limbus. When these stem cells are lost, the corneal epithelium cannot repair and renew itself. This results in epithelial breakdown and persistent epithelial defects, corneal conjunctivalization and neovascularization, corneal scarring, and chronic inflammation. All of these contribute to loss of corneal clarity, potential vision loss, chronic pain, photophobia, and keratoplasty failure.
The diagnosis of LSCD is largely made on clinical grounds. Patient history and clinical observation of corneal conjunctivalization associated with persistent epithelial defects hint strongly at LSCD. Loss of the limbal anatomy and irregular staining with fluorescein, particularly increased late staining, may also be seen.
Patients present with progressive epitheliopathy with hazy, translucent epithelium extending centrally from the limbus, most commonly from the superior limbus. Epithelial staining, from punctate changes to more confluent staining, is broadest adjacent to the involved limbus and extends centripetally into the cornea to varying degrees in a whorl shape.
Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Epidemiology Insights
The etiologies can be genetic, acquired, or idiopathic.
- Genetic: LSCD has been associated with PAX6 gene mutations, which are also implicated in aniridia and Peter’s Anomaly. Other genetic disorders that have been reported with LSCD include ectrodactyly-ectodermal-dysplasia-clefting syndrome, keratitis-ichthyosis-deafness (KID) Syndrome, Xeroderma Pigmentosum], Dominantly Inherited Keratitis Turner Syndrome] and Dyskeratosis Congenital.
- Patients who have undergone prior ocular surgeries or cryotherapies at the limbus may be more susceptible. Radiation and chemotherapy are other potential causes, and systemic as well as topical chemotherapeutic medications may be sufficient to cause deficiency. LSCD has also been seen with benzalkonium chloride toxicity with glaucoma medications Inappropriate contact lens use with consequent hypoxia and ocular irritation with the destruction of the limbus may also contribute to both focal and total LSCD.
Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Limbal Stem Cell deficiency diagnosed prevalent cases
- Total Limbal Stem Cell deficiency diagnosed prevalent cases based on subtype
- Total Limbal Stem Cell deficiency treated cases
Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Market Outlook
The Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market trends by analyzing the impact of current Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need for the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Limbal Stem Cells Deficiency market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Market
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population (in The United States, EU5, and Japan)
- Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Emerging Therapies
- Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
Click here to read more about Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency Market Research
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research
Contact Person: Adya Kaul
Email: Send Email
Phone: +91 9568243403
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432, Las Vegas NV
City: Las Vegas
State: United States
Country: United States